Anyone got a hatch going right now...? started Feb 12

Minky

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
I was given 5 fertilized Cream Legbar eggs by the nice lady who gave me my handsome rooster. I didn't have an incubator so a friend is hatching them for me, and I get to keep one of the little female chicks. Sort of a good deal for both of us.. she candelled on Monday and all 5 were growing!!
Yay!

Anyone else sort of on the same timeline?

17 seramas in one incubator and 12 ayam cemani's on lockdown in my other one....and 19 chicks coming in the mail tomorrow. just sold 14 ayam cemani crossed with ameraucana's this week...im up to my feathers with birds here
20180221_175837.jpg

I didn’t know chicks liked American dad lol. Just candled and my 41 turned in to 28 eggs the rest weren’t fertilized. Guess that’s what you get for $4 a dozen from a random guy on Facebook

If you had them shipped, that's good numbers. And not seeing veins doesn't make them not fertilized. 28 is a great number! You'll have your hands full.

We picked up our Ancona duck eggs today at our local post office once the roads were treated. The post office did a wonderful job taking care of them for us until we arrived. When we got home and opened the box, the eggs were very lovingly packed with plenty of extra protection and all were intact and without damage externally. I was so thankful ... and then realized that my order for 4 eggs had come with a bonus from the breeder of 4 additional eggs, for a total of 8 Ancona eggs. Some are a lovely cream color and many are a pale green. Yes, they are lovely! I used my Incubright candling flashlight and all the air cells were in the proper position and just had a small bubble inside each that seemed to move, but never beyond the edges of the air cells. I let them adjust to room temperature while setting with the pointy end down in their shipping egg carton. I will place them in our Incuview incubator in the morning and the incubator has been running perfectly for the last several days. The temp is spot on at 99.5 F and the humidity is right in the proper range for beginning incubation.

This is our first time incubating eggs and I think we are off to a good start with lovely eggs that were packed so carefully and shipped without damage. Wish us luck! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom