Anyone got a hatch going right now...? started Feb 12

So I have an update- out of 5 eggs, all 5 were looking great, lockdown started on Friday. First chick got stuck in shell and only made it part way out. #2, #3, #4 all hatched this morning between 10-12 am, and are doing great.....and #5 is still in there, she is going to give it another day or so.
So far we have one male, one female and one we aren' t sure about! Will have to post a few pics to the CLB experts to get an opinion.

I have 4 Ancona duck eggs that are to arrive at our post office in the early morning hours tomorrow. The problem is we are covered in ice and roadways are hazardous and they are warning people to stay at home and not attempt driving. I hope the roads clear tomorrow so I can pick up our eggs ... if they arrive as scheduled. The post office will keep the eggs inside until we can pick them up. We have our incubator ready and waiting.

@Eagle Flight Farm --wow...how nerve wracking!! have you hatched eggs before? I hope the weather changes for you.
I know that here they always warn about icy roads, but I rarely find that they are bad at all.
I saw someplace on the interent today a lady who made an incubator out of a plastic tote with a 40 watt bulb and a layer of papertowel....? huh? if its that easy, why am i looking at $100-250 for a small incubator? Do any of you have DIY incubators?

Welcome Little Black Star!

@Eagle Flight Farm --wow...how nerve wracking!! have you hatched eggs before? I hope the weather changes for you.
I know that here they always warn about icy roads, but I rarely find that they are bad at all.
I saw someplace on the interent today a lady who made an incubator out of a plastic tote with a 40 watt bulb and a layer of papertowel....? huh? if its that easy, why am i looking at $100-250 for a small incubator? Do any of you have DIY incubators?

Welcome Little Black Star!

There have been wrecks everywhere this afternoon and evening. I hope the roads are treated by morning on our route to town to pick up our eggs. I am wondering if the mail will be slowed making it into central Oklahoma.

We have a new Incuview incubator from Incubator Warehouse. This will be our first time incubating eggs. I have had the incubator running for several days making sure it was keeping the temp accurately (it is) and double checking with 3 thermometers and 2 hygrometers. I will post pictures once we have received our eggs and set them in the incubator. I'm sure I will be here asking loads of questions, reading my Storey's duck book, and hovering over our incubator.

Back
Top Bottom