Anyone hatching April 5-7 or so? ALL DONE, READY TO BE LOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks sue chick. i have some black copper marans, some easter eggers, some black sex links and maybe some various others. i'm not quite sure of all of them.

i have a question. my incubator was steady at 101.5 til i put the eggs in. i knew that opening it would drop the temp so i didn't check til the next day. since then it has been fluctuating between 91 and 103. i can't get it right. i'm not turning it much just a little smidge. are these eggs doomed?

Hey, it's me Cynthia, I am the one that had the panick attack over my chick pipping on the very night I went to put them into lock down..I was so worried about the taking them out into the air, but they hatched...and, my hubby is doing great after his surgery.
Anyway, I have some eggs that should be hatching the 8th.
I am excited to candle them soon to see what's going on. I have some banties for the first time..frizzle. I have some RIR's, and some reg. sized Cochin's. I am waiting/hoping for some frizzle Chochns to come. That's what I really wanted over the reg. Just waiting to see if she can get some gathered again for me. But, the reg. ones are a blue/lemon color..really excited to see the colors!

So, here I go again. Have some barred rock ready to hatch this week.
smile.png
Go ahead, call me hatchaholic.
ya.gif

I have people that want my chicks before they are even hatched. Have people that want me to incubate for them. That's ok by me. I just love the fuzzy butts.
I am really wanting the frizzle cochins though, hope that works out..they would be for me.
smile.png
Also the RIRs...beautiful mahogany color.

Last edited:
Quote:
What kind of bator?? Still air? Moving air?

101 might be ok..but 103 is up there, hopefully they weren't at that temp for too long. Try and keep your room at the same temp also. I have a still air that I have to do this with. The room temp changes, my temp in the bator changes.

Last edited:
it is a still air hovabator. the temps in the room are pretty consistent. i've been trying to get it back to 101.5 just not able to yet. thanks cynthia. i guess i will just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Hi,
I should be getting my eggs today
smile.png
, they are Serama eggs ... and my first time incubating too, so I am praying it will all go well! I have a 1583 hovabator that has been set up for a few days, with one of those water snake things with a temp probe in it to simulate inside egg temp. It's holding steady between 99.4 and 99.7 inside the water snake, and humidity is 45 - 50% since that is what the Serama sites recommend. I can't wait to get them and make sure they are all okay!!!! I'll be doing hand turning, since mine is technically a reptile bator it has no turner, has a fan though. I'll try turning myself and see how things go
smile.png
!
Michele

Quote:
I set 13 eggs on the 17th as well. So I should have the same hatch date by my bator temp is running a degree or two low https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5932100#p5932100 So my hatch could be delayed a bit. I am using a home made bator that I built from a food dehydrator
AAAAAo25-BMAAAAAAJZd_g.jpg
. I added a water heater thermostat and a computer fan and am turning the eggs by hand.

This is my first hatch ever the eggs are
6 EE eggs, 3 RIR and 4 Barred Rocks, and the roo is a RI Red.

Quote:
I set 13 eggs on the 17th as well. So I should have the same hatch date by my bator temp is running a degree or two low https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5932100#p5932100 So my hatch could be delayed a bit. I am using a home made bator that I built from a food dehydratorhttp://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/96/5/AAAAAo25-BMAAAAAAJZd_g.jpg. I added a water heater thermostat and a computer fan and am turning the eggs by hand.

This is my first hatch ever the eggs are
6 EE eggs, 3 RIR and 4 Barred Rocks, and the roo is a RI Red.

This is such a cool idea! I'll be watching to see how things work out here...
smile.png

I also turn by hand. I like doing this better than the turners, easy for me to say, I'm home to do this.

Quote:
Once I get a successful hatch, I will post photos of where I put everything. The most expensive part of the whole thing was the wireless indoor outdoor thermometer with humidity reading, that Mrs Delmar picked up. I would have done without it, but I was so glad to see her getting excited about the project that I didn't mind spending the $20. It really has been nice that I can sit at my computer and monitor the temp and humidity.

We got the food dehydrator at good will for $10 several years ago, and I didn't need to make any modifications that make it less effective as a food dehydrator. plus I'm pretty sure that it would be a lot easier for the average person to find a Ronco food dehydrator at a flea market or thrift store, than it would be to find a Hovabator.

Hello hatching peeps

my baby's are due on the 7th

9rGuhk

And its

In the bator and 99.5 in my wiggler!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom