Anyone HATCHING?!?!? Newbie's and addicts WELCOME!!!! Hatch Calendar page 1!!!!

fl.gif
Come on little chickies
fl.gif

idunno.gif
Nothing at all - so sad and of course I sit here and look at pictures and read posts of all the babies hatching... so how long do I wait none have pipped so do I candle or wait a few more days? Any advice?

idunno.gif
Nothing at all - so sad and of course I sit here and look at pictures and read posts of all the babies hatching... so how long do I wait none have pipped so do I candle or wait a few more days? Any advice?

If none have pipped, I would definately take them out and candle them...look for movement from the chick and see how big the aircell is. I had 10 hatch, but I've still got 3 in the incubator that I'm holding out for. I'm going to candle them tonight and then decide what to do from there..........
fl.gif
I once left eggs in the bator until Day 25 before giving up on them. Then I did eggtopsies and realized the aircells had just been so messed up during shipping and grew too big that the chick couldn't move to pip. Good Luck.
hugs.gif

Quote:
idunno.gif
You can try floating them in warm water. The water must be as warm or warmer then the eggs. Wait until the water is still and carefully lower an egg in the bowl (deeper then eggs) If they are alive they will wiggle when dropped in the bowl. If they don't move they aren't alive. Good luck ... Crossing finger for you

If none have pipped, I would definately take them out and candle them...look for movement from the chick and see how big the aircell is. I had 10 hatch, but I've still got 3 in the incubator that I'm holding out for. I'm going to candle them tonight and then decide what to do from there..........
fl.gif
I once left eggs in the bator until Day 25 before giving up on them. Then I did eggtopsies and realized the aircells had just been so messed up during shipping and grew too big that the chick couldn't move to pip. Good Luck.
hugs.gif

ok I candled and I have 3 with strong movement and strong veins and a few that are all chick very dark maybe I saw a little movement maybe it was my old eyes... no veins and then I had two quitters with red rings which I removed. So I will hold out hope and give them another few days. How big should the air cell be? The ones that were all chick and air cell I am wondering if they can't move to pip.

ok I candled and I have 3 with strong movement and strong veins and a few that are all chick very dark maybe I saw a little movement maybe it was my old eyes... no veins and then I had two quitters with red rings which I removed. So I will hold out hope and give them another few days. How big should the air cell be? The ones that were all chick and air cell I am wondering if they can't move to pip.
celebrate.gif
Oh good, I'm glad you saw them moving! Give them a couple more days for sure!
fl.gif

At Day 21 (hatchday) it is pretty big-like 1/3 of the egg, usually lopsided.

I candled my last 3 eggs last night too and didn't see any movement. So, I opened them up from the top and hoped they were just sleeping. I left them all in the bator until this morning when I knew without a doubt they were dead. They became part of the compost pile. Thankful for the 10 chicks that hatched, but I just wish I knew why these 3 didn't?
sad.png
Good luck with your babies. Please let us know when they hatch.

I had 15 of mine hatch, 7 welsummers and 8 RIR's, had to save 1 again, it was succesful though!
celebrate.gif
Congrats everyone with new chicks!!! I love the Easter basket pic, that is sooo cute! I have decided to officially retire my LG, not 1 eggs I set in it hatched this time, I just don't have time to babysit it, my R-com is wonderful! I just wish it held more egg, lol.

Back
Top Bottom