Anyone hatching on July 7th! Please join me!

I have 18 buff orpington and 18 black Australorp in the bator due on July 7 !!!
big_smile.png

I candled yesterday and only had 1 dud!!
wee.gif
I of course tossed it! Don't need it taking up space I don't really have!

This is my first time so tell me if this sounds right to y'all! On one side it is light on the darker side you can see the network of vessels with a dark spot (is that the eye?) Dose that sound like how they should look like at about a week old?

I hopeful I have a good hatch!
fl.gif
My kids are having fun helping me build the house and to remembering to turn the eggs!

Thanks chickenlittle!

Last night for the heck of it, I candled 2 of them. 1 was totally clear and the other had definite veins and a red center....yeah!!! Anyone know what day I'd probably see movement on quail eggs?

I candled today! I lost 2 more eggs!
hit.gif

One had a blood ring so I pulled it and the other had a crack in the shell, so I pulled that one as well.
I cracked them both open just to see what they look like. It was developing good! Looked like a little body with big eyes!

So now I am down to 33 eggs!
jumpy.gif

Their were quite a few movers! So yeah!
wee.gif

How is everyone else doing?

That is plenty big enough. They may be a good size, but they like to be in a space just their size so no one else can get in with them.
Can't tell you how many times I've seen my girls fight over a box!
cool.png

Candled the eggs tonight...Out of 31 eggs, only 10 were ok....19 were clear...(2 were broken upon arrival)
hit.gif
I sure hope they all hatch...I saw movement in all the ten that I candled...so thats a good thing. Only have 8 days to go!

Back
Top Bottom