Anyone hatching on the 14th? Hatched Early! *PICTURE*

yesterday was day 21, nothing. nothing good anyway one egg was really smelling bad and popped when i picked it up. i candled the other two and only one looks like it might have a chick. how long should i wait?

I have some hatching right now
big_smile.png

lol, I'm worrying because mine aren't hatching on day 19. I just went into lock down yesterday.

jacobcstroud, I'd leave them all alone until day 23, but it doesn't sound good. I wouldn't even open the incubator from day 18 forward unless there is an emergency. I ruined a whole hatch the first time by opening the incubator too often. (I was trying to turn eggs from another hatching date in the same incubator. Never again.)

Last edited:
I have sussex due on the 16th so we are on day 19 and I am going crazy. I really want to see some rocking, hear some cheeping or something.
fl.gif

Good luck everybody!

I have a few pipping right now as I type this. Egyptian fayoumis and gold laced polish. We had a power outage from storms about 10 days ago, so when I took them out of the turner to lay down for the hatch on day 18 I candled them again. Out of the 18 that we set, all 18 were developing the day before the outage when we candled. On day 18 when I candled only 7 had made it through the power outage. Out of those 7 it looks like 5 have pipped so far. Today is day 21 so they are right on schedule.

momma's chickens :

I have sussex due on the 16th so we are on day 19 and I am going crazy. I really want to see some rocking, hear some cheeping or something.
fl.gif

Good luck everybody!

I'm with you! My hatch day is Friday too. 20 eggs, mix of bantams, Buff Orpington crosses, and a few mystery eggs. Every hatch at about this time, I look in the bator and think, "They're all just little rocks."​

Quote:
Day 19 is fine. I rarely have trouble with 19 and 20 day hatchers. And Dels can be very impatient about getting out once they get the idea. And wow mine YELL about it until they do. Silly things.

I hatched some dels, some cuuute Del/partridge rocks, some Seramas and some Sizzles, and (head hanging low) some Delaware/Sizzles this week. Chuckle.

Had to help the ones I cracked, then waxed - they were stuck to their injury sites and it was anticipated. And I had to help on very very stuck, backwards Del in a pullet egg. He was last and yelling about being stuck. He even had one leg in a totally weird position. Usually when that happens they're cripples. NOPE - his royal highness was just stuck. As soon as I gave him some room to move and freed the leg he popped out like a little yellow explosion. He's so well I can't tell him from the others. I figured the leg would be weak or splayed - nah he's just fine.

The older dels are about 2 weeks and showing a lot of early color. Unlike their mothers - so here's hoping for improvement in that regard.

Continued LUCK to everyone - never give up!!! Even things like CRACKED eggs can make it.

Back
Top Bottom