Anyone Hatching on the 4th?

Quote:
Boy, that stinks that they didn't hatch. If ever you get a chance, order from her. I've got some of her Silkies, and some of her D'Uccles. She's got really nice birds.

Paula

Yeah, the silkie eggs I got from her were pretty expensive. That's the most I've ever spent on eggs!! I got mine before they went crazy, and she stopped putting BIN auctions on there! She sent 20 eggs and it was $57 wuth shipping. Now an order of 8 of her eggs sells for $35+!!

But I agree, the pics of her silkies are just gorgeous!! But I have 12 BamaChicken silkies in the bator to make up for it
wink.png

Well, if you've got Julie's Silkies in the bator, you don't need any others. lol She's got beautiful Silkies.
smile.png

Paula

Quote:
Nope- not Orps this time around. Mutts. I had my entire flock mixed together for about a month to make it easier to take care of and decide what I was going to do with everyone. I had 6 rooster and 35 hens all together. This mixed batch is pre-sold. They won't be living here long. I now have all my birds separated back into breeding pens so I will have pure eggs again in the next two weeks.
smile.png

Quote:
Yeah, the silkie eggs I got from her were pretty expensive. That's the most I've ever spent on eggs!! I got mine before they went crazy, and she stopped putting BIN auctions on there! She sent 20 eggs and it was $57 wuth shipping. Now an order of 8 of her eggs sells for $35+!!

But I agree, the pics of her silkies are just gorgeous!! But I have 12 BamaChicken silkies in the bator to make up for it
wink.png

Well, if you've got Julie's Silkies in the bator, you don't need any others. lol She's got beautiful Silkies.
smile.png

Paula

I agree, she has beautiful birds! I pm'ed her and begged her to let me know when she would have some. Told her my sad, sad story about the silkie eggs. The silkies are all my son's, he has 6. 1 white roo, nonbearded and straight-combed
hmm.png
, and 4 hens that are also white nonbearded. Then he has the ugliest gray rooster I have ever seen! But he loves them, they are his fluffies, as he calls them. He's 4
roll.png

Let's just hope I don't kill those too! They are due on Valentine's Day
fl.gif

Quote:
Nope- not Orps this time around. Mutts. I had my entire flock mixed together for about a month to make it easier to take care of and decide what I was going to do with everyone. I had 6 rooster and 35 hens all together. This mixed batch is pre-sold. They won't be living here long. I now have all my birds separated back into breeding pens so I will have pure eggs again in the next two weeks.
smile.png

I did that last year, just let everything run together and do their thing. I incubated every egg that hit the nesting box, or the ground, or where ever. But I didn't sell them. I let them grow, and a bunch were ugly as sin. lol I could hardly give them away around here, much less sell them. I've still got a few. I kept most of the hens. The roos had to go. But I'll tell you one thing, your mutts will always be your best hatch...
th.gif

Paula:)

Quote:
smile.png

I did that last year, just let everything run together and do their thing. I incubated every egg that hit the nesting box, or the ground, or where ever. But I didn't sell them. I let them grow, and a bunch were ugly as sin. lol I could hardly give them away around here, much less sell them. I've still got a few. I kept most of the hens. The roos had to go. But I'll tell you one thing, your mutts will always be your best hatch...
th.gif

Maybe that's because everyone is free to pick their own mate.
lol.png

Quote:
th.gif

Maybe that's because everyone is free to pick their own mate.
lol.png

Ha! Never thought of it that way, but I guess it makes sense.
smile.png

Paula

Back
Top Bottom