Anyone hatching this weekend?

download
7 so far 2 black 1s which are silkie crosses and all are alot bigger then my last hatch
download

Last edited:
Sometimes it is!  You never know sometimes....congrats!  Pics????

I'll just call it beginners luck. I'd love to post Pics but I haven't figured it out yet. I have taken lots of Pics.

I get my other chicks later this week and I should have time to figure it out after that. With so many chicks coming I have a lot of setting up to do. I have jury duty tomorrow too.

Twelve total hatched. One drowned in the bowl of water i had in the incubator for humidity. So now i have eleven in the brooder! Five easter eggers and six mixed (a couple may be full new hampshires). Have pick on my profile. Can't get it here on my mobile.

Twelve total hatched. One drowned in the bowl of water i had in the incubator for humidity. So now i have eleven in the brooder! Five easter eggers and six mixed (a couple may be full new hampshires). Have pick on my profile. Can't get it here on my mobile.

That is one of the reasons some people use sponges instead sorry to hear it

Mine were not set to hatch until today, but started pipping on Sunday! So far I have one lonely orpington in the brooder who was very early arriving.
jumpy.gif
There are 7 more chicks running around the incubator (I just saw two hatch! amazing!), two more with pips (although in the wrong places!) and four that have no evidence of hatching so far.

I started with 24 total eggs (some orps, PBR and NHR) and removed 8 on day 14 that candled clear and 1 with no movement/growth of the embryo on candling. Yesterday morning I had to remove one chick that pipped through the side of the shell and was found with a bunch of blood around the hole and under neath the egg.
sad.png
There were bound to be a few that didn't go according to plan.

This is my first time hatching eggs and overall it has been such a fun and interesting experience! We will see what happens next!

Back
Top Bottom