Anyone have a Canon Rebel XSI?

Quote:
I miss a lot of shots because my Kodak point and shoot is pretty slow processing the digital shots - any my poodle moves very, very fast! Even with the chickens, it's hard to capture any action because by the time my camera takes the shot, the chicken is doing something else.

Hmm, see now I'm talking myself back into it.
smile.png

Oh no no no, that's not what I meant. I've got excellent Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO settings. I almost always shoot in Manual. The camera is fantastic. I mean I miss the shots because I refuse to lug out my $400 camera while doing farm work with the boys. It's bulky, it gets in my way and will most certainly get broken. I don't have the money to replace it. I'd rather replace a little compact point and shoot for $100.
lol.png

Definitely not. I can get some really cool looking shots with it that I'd have missed with my old Kodak p&s! These little birds out front are FAST. I'm very happy with the camera, since they aren't blurred streaks like my last camera would have had. LOL Sorry they're a bit grainy.

3121143664_309de07016.jpg

3127606814_4d1b7da8c4.jpg

Quote:
I'm sure someone who actually reads the manual would be able to take better photos with my camera.
lol.png
I've had it for almost a year and I'm still figuring things out on my own. The second picture was taken before I figured out what ISO actually does to your camera. LOL

I plan to buy a Nikon Coolpix for my back pocket after the holidays. Just something for snapshots of the boys outside

Well, this is just what I ended up deciding to do. My point and shoot is one of the medium size ones that is not a good size to carry around everywhere, so I bought a really nice pocket size point and shoot that I can carry with me *everywhere* and get lot more snapshots.

If I wear it out and think I'll want a SLR, I'll look at that option again in the future.

I ended up buying the Panasonic Lumix that will do wide angle shots. It's supposed to have an excellent Leica lens. Because I live in the mountains of Colorado, I think I'll get to use that wide angle feature a LOT.
big_smile.png

Panasonic Lumix at Amazon

Hooray!​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom