Anyone have a cheap coop design???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by OkapisRule, Feb 25, 2008.

1. OkapisRule

OkapisRule Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2007
    Northern georgia
    Does anyone have an inexpensive coop design that can house 15 chickens? Please help. I would appreciate pics.

2. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

just another question, haven't seen it yet ... anyone used an old back yard swing frame as the framework for a coop and run ?

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    You can just use bales of straw and put an old truck bed topper on it. Cheap coop in minutes. [​IMG]

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

Not cheap but gorgeous play houses that would be great coops! I have seen a chicken coop created from a swing set, somwhere on the net, I found it when I was searching for ideas.
    http://www.stoltzfuscountrystore.com/

5. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    There have been some who have used pallets. Did you try the search? I see if I can find ya any links but be patient cause I'm sick.

6. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Have you checked out the Coop Design pages or the Add Your Coop to BYC thread? There are wonderful recycled materials coops in both. Members' personal pages is another good source for coop ideas.

Hope this helps!

Dawn

7. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Found this one Cheap Coop. Hope it helps and what Dawn said is great too.

8. TechEdFireman

TechEdFireman Chillin' With My Peeps

I got my coop off of Freecycle 6'x12'...someone else on here got theirs off of craigslist. Try those you will be surprised what you find on there.

9. gc tiger

gc tiger Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2007
    Pass Christian, Ms
    I made mine out of pallets. I got some 4 X 16 and made the bottom and two sides. I then tore the rest of the pallets apart and used that wood to fill in the empty space. I then used chicken wire on one end. The other end is a 4 X 4 pallet converted into a door. I bought tin for the roof. The chickens love it and I have a hard oak coop that last forever. I house 23 chickens in it. It cost me a total of 66 dollars. I will try and post pics later.

10. 2dream

2dream Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Jackson MS

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by