Anyone have a clue what he is???

Quote:
An EE can be a cross but it can also be a bird from APA Ameraucana parentage who does not fit the Ameraucana standard.
smile.png

It looks like a chicken....
lau.gif
lau.gif
my bad!!
smack.gif
(that's for me)...just couldn't resist.

I crossed my hatchery EE with a htchery EE and got a cockerel JUST like this guy. Beautiful bird, I sold him cause someone saw him and just HAD to have him.

Quote:
I Agree with you there I see ATLEAST 2 that look to be roosters just from their tails I'd go back and take a look...we brought home new hens to replace the roo's we got our roo did the pecking order thing and within a few hours it was all A OKAY but yesterday we took him to the family who took our other boys....now all the boys have grown up together expect when the first boys left a few weeks ago and... they fought our roo who we were giving away is a LF roo and the others are banties....so there was a bit of blood so they'll have to work it out but even with older newer hens my roo NEVER fought...they pecked and squabbled it out but the hens did more of the bickering I'd post pics of all those black one's tails and we could tell you for sure

Her last few sentences suggest that he's been separated from the hens. This picture might have been taken while he was in another pen...possibly with a bunch of roos.

Not the birds in the picture with him, those are some young fellars we just got...the hubs figured 5 young roosters against him would be fair so he put them in there with him. Sorry for the confusion. When we first got him we put two hens in there with him and he started fighting with them, then we took the ladies out and let him run around the yard outside the run and he was "fence fighting" with our rooster inside the run. It's like he was raised to be a fighting bird but I know the friend didn't raise him like that. Since the 5 new young fellars have been put in there with him he still wants to fight but not as much.

He kind of reminds me of a sicilian buttercup rooster. Maybe a sicilian buttercup/ EE cross. Anyone know what the comb would look like if the two mixed? Or maybe russian orloff/ sicilian buttercup to account for the leg color. I have no idea thats just a guess on my part.

Back
Top Bottom