Anyone have a hen or eggs set for October? Join us!

Candled all of my eggs, everybody doing good in there wiggling around, so fun! So far out of 24 I have 18 that are developing, 8 are my own eggs that I was sure weren't even fertile but figured I would give it a shot

Also have my twin broodies sitting on their 9 eggs together, not candling them anymore just gonna let natures incubator do it's thing

Off to San Diego til Wednesday Hubby will be incubator sitting, he's not nearly as obssessed as I am

A few of my silkies are setting. Not real sure when they're due...some look like this week, some only a few days along. *sigh* silly birds never stop!

My days are getting closer! they are due Oct 3rd!
celebrate.gif
3 hens are sitting right now. I never got to candle them I might try tonight. I had to built a fence around them to keep the other hens out. I am still worry how I am going to keep those chickies alive !

Nice development charts. It's nice to see what our chicks should look like.....inside the egg and while candling!

We're all getting closer to "hatch day"!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Lockdown starts tomorrow for 15 of my eggs. Hatch day is October 2!
ep.gif
I better get the other incubator fired up tonight. (Or at least go get it out of storage-LOL) I need to experiment with humidity and how to add water during lockdown. You guys with broody hens are fortunate in this respect. In the morning I plan to candle those eggs one last time to look for movement and then place them into the other incubator. I'll post how many go in tomorrow. Are any of you using egg cartons or just laying them down for hatching?

I hope my family doesn't mind if I put the bator on the kitchen counter.
hmm.png
I want to be able to watch them hatch.
love.gif

My lock down isn't until next week, but i can't wait. I hope all 8 eggs that are left hatch. I need some more pullets. my spring pullets have just started laying eggs. :) I know that isn't related but i'm excited about that too. LOL

My lock down isn't until next week, but i can't wait. I hope all 8 eggs that are left hatch. I need some more pullets. my spring pullets have just started laying eggs. :) I know that isn't related but i'm excited about that too. LOL

okay no longer so excited. just candled the eggs and i'm down to 5 :( there were 3 more blood rings. I'm starting to think these eggs aren't going to make it til hatch at all.

Oh, I'm sorry Sweetlibaby.
hugs.gif
I'm hoping thos five hatch for you.
fl.gif
Ember is still sitting.....and sitting.......and sitting. Next week is lock down for the eggs in the Incubator though!!
ya.gif
Can't wait!! Also the lady who I purchased the blue/black mottled eggs from, her layers are in molt so no replacement eggs.
sad.png
Oh well, maybe next year.

I had 7 of 8 backyard mixes to hatch out yesterday !!!! I have 16 Olive Eggers that will go to lockdown on Oct 1., and 24 RIR that are on day 7. I plan on setting 24 California Whites on the 5th of October. After that I promise that I am finished for the year
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom