Anyone have a hen or eggs set for October? Join us!

SilkiesForEver

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 24, 2012
Well here we go again.
big_smile.png
I've got another hen with eggs due October 8 (or so). I'm sure she would love to have some hatching buddies.
thumbsup.gif
If you have eggs in the "bator" or have a broody, Come join us!!

Last edited:
I was a busy bee today! Had to move some outdoor cages but I had a broody Serama sitting in one of them... What to do, what to do... I finally ended up tacking up a temporary board across the nesting box door, and went ahead and moved it. (VERY carefully) But she did great, didn't move an inch, just screamed at me to make the world stop spinning
gig.gif

I may have more than 18 because the others lay in there few times. I may have 30. The dominique is a bully she wont let Minnie have her eggs. I will put them in different boxes Dominique will push Minnie out. I went in there found few half eaten eggs, they were newer eggs so not fully developed. Hopefully the babies will be ok soon ! I think Minnie will be a great mom. I am going to find a way to keep her away from Dom. so she can be with her babies.

Here is a few pics of my new babies. I now have 10 that are hatched and at least one other one that is pipped. I have a few chicks that are lighter colored ( as in the photo) but most of them seem to be a bit darker. is there a reason? my dad said it was a male/female thing.. but I don't think so.

Well, I think they are done..

Originally received 18 eggs through the mail. , culled 3 of them so 15 went to lockdown.

10 hatched
1 pipped on Saturday morning and still has not made it out ( I see no new movement since yesterday) and 4 that have not done anything. I'll leave them in there today just incase I get lucky and another one hatches.

I ended up with 2 lighter colored ones and 8 darker ones.

Here they are

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom