Your 2024 Garden

Pics
I watered my sweet corn from just before dark until I got up this morning. It's way to windy now with RainBird knocker heads that I used on the corn and onions. Late this afternoon the wind should be much less and I can finish the Blueberries and blackberries and just before dark start watering where I want to plant next. It's powder dry there and it has not rained since I banded the plant food down the row. I need to take the day off and rest except for the watering and chicken feeding.

Mostly rest today but did water and it is going to keep running all night again tonight. We did fix the peas onto the trellis that were not climbing it the way it was. I got a good nap today for as much rest as possible. Lots of planting resumes tomorrow. Maybe. It may be Tuesday before seeding resumes.

It's "the dry day" for the week. Or, that was what they said last Friday. Now we have more just "possible shower" days. Good. I have a lot to do, and need to get it done soon.

So why am I still here on BYC? I'm waiting for the washer cycle to finish. Yeah, that's it. Just as soon as the washer is done, I'd get my butt in gear.

Still no rain, so I watered most of my plants late this afternoon.

My perennial garden is looking full
IMG_20240430_065612217~2.jpg

IMG_20240430_065549295~2.jpg

Light green plants by the concrete bird bath are sedum, darker green with compound leaves are coreopsis, large simple leaf plants are canna lilies. Red blooms are amaryllis. In the second photo you can see banana plants to the right of the propane tank,and the tall stalks next to the bird feeder pole are pickerel rush.

I checked to see if it was dry enough to work the ground and plant today but found it way to wet still. No rain on the radar for over a week and I think I can plant by mid afternoon tomorrow. I did get most of the first planting of sweet corn thinned today. What I'm about to plant this week will not need thinning with the drop the seed spaced right down the PVC pipe planter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom