Your 2024 Garden

Pics
How many folks here have started planning their garden for next year. I'm in the early stages of planning based on how much of what we need to use fresh and preseve by drying, freezing, canning, and pickling.
That is awesome but we do so much less than you. We freeze corn and squash, and sometimes the pole beans, but that's it.

We just make a list and get the seeds in March/April, whenever we see they're out. I used to make large orders on Burpee or one of them seed/plant places. I also use to start tomatoes and marigolds in the house in March but I quit doing that too. We lessened how much we plant so for tomatoes, just want one of four different kinds.

What things do you dry? I dried some lavender but then the plant died. I give up on those.

How many folks here have started planning their garden for next year. I'm in the early stages of planning based on how much of what we need to use fresh and preseve by drying, freezing, canning, and pickling.
I can only have a small garden but we’re planning on setting up can’t think of th name for the life of me😭😭 but it’s like a tower with water running through and maybe some plants in pots

I can only have a small garden but we’re planning on setting up can’t think of th name for the life of me😭😭 but it’s like a tower with water running through and maybe some plants in pots
Sounds like a pole bean tower. I hope to get a lot of bamboo poles cut. They are free and work fine. I need pole beans to eliminate the bending.

That is awesome but we do so much less than you. We freeze corn and squash, and sometimes the pole beans, but that's it.

We just make a list and get the seeds in March/April, whenever we see they're out. I used to make large orders on Burpee or one of them seed/plant places. I also use to start tomatoes and marigolds in the house in March but I quit doing that too. We lessened how much we plant so for tomatoes, just want one of four different kinds.

What things do you dry? I dried some lavender but then the plant died. I give up on those.
We have a dehydrator and my wife has an oversized shelf of jars I don't know what all she had done. Even Okra for soups. She even made fried okra from some she dehydrated. I'll have to get a list from her. I've already been mentally making a list from Burpee. It's not the old Burpee Family anymore but still an innovative company. I miss some of the old line seed from 30-40 years ago. Some very good tomatoes and sweet corn too.

What you are describing could also be a hydroponic tower with nutrients in the recirculating water.

I just need to plan what seeds to get, as Baker Creek gets busy/sold out once we're on the cusp of spring. I've more or less figured out what I like to grow, and how much of it, but definitely need some new seed.

I plan out everything on a spreadsheet so it makes it really easy to figure out what goes where, and when relative to last year I should plant.

Also need to redo my asparagus bed, the wood is thin and falling apart so I'm hoping to get a slightly larger bed and just place it around the old one and fill in the gaps with dirt/wood chips.

I just need to plan what seeds to get, as Baker Creek gets busy/sold out once we're on the cusp of spring. I've more or less figured out what I like to grow, and how much of it, but definitely need some new seed.

I plan out everything on a spreadsheet so it makes it really easy to figure out what goes where, and when relative to last year I should plant.

Also need to redo my asparagus bed, the wood is thin and falling apart so I'm hoping to get a slightly larger bed and just place it around the old one and fill in the gaps with dirt/wood chips.
Look into https://www.southernexposure.com/
Baker Creek is not the only place for good heirloom seed.

Back
Top Bottom