Anyone have a hen or eggs set for October? Join us!

Her mate (Jiminy) is very upset he cant be with her but he kept chasing her off the nest so I had to separate them.

Here's Jiminy, all upset he cant be with his girlfriend

And here is Cricket, in all her screaming puffiness LOL

Finally got my new bator and eggs, set 24 this morning, (serious doubts on most they are young hens so fertility is iffy), but bought 9 so high hopes for those,,,,,,,,,,,,Love to join u guys!!!!

My 9 are Salmon Faverolle bantams and Blue partridge bantams

the rest are from my flock of Silver Duckwing and Silverlaced Wyandottes

Also have a broody bantam sitting on 5 Buff/black Japanese

WOOHOO!!!
You are going to end up with quite an assortment of chickies arent you? But they will be so cute :) You will HAVE to post pics of your Salmon Favs if they hatch, I want some soo bad but I dont have room for a seperate flock and my layers are too evil to let in newbies

Same here! I have wanted Faverolles for quite a while now, but I don't think my hens would appreciate it either. I look forward to hatch time!
thumbsup.gif

sad.png
I'm sorry. Is your Silkie doing well?
My silkie is fine, I had to seperate the Buff. Orp. so she wont try to eat her eggs. The Buff Orp (no name) will sit on it for like 16 days and started breaking them. I was not happy ! I cannot wait for Minnie to hatch hers ! she is so funny that she tries so hard to cover them up !!

yes it is SO CUTE!!! the 1st one started 5 days ago and then the 2nd joined in the next day and they have split the eggs up, so funny one day it was 5/2 the next day 3/4 they are SHARING!!! Never seen this

yes it is SO CUTE!!! the 1st one started 5 days ago and then the 2nd joined in the next day and they have split the eggs up, so funny one day it was 5/2 the next day 3/4 they are SHARING!!! Never seen this
That is adorable!! I have two broody ducks but they refuse to share so they take turns. The other one is always pacing right near the nest, waiting for the first one to get off so she can have her turn LOL they are so funny.

Back
Top Bottom