Anyone have a hen or eggs set for October? Join us!

Eggs just went into lock down!! I'm gonna stick them under Ember when they hatch though.
thumbsup.gif
Hope it goes well.
smile.png

Well, I think they are done..

Originally received 18 eggs through the mail. , culled 3 of them so 15 went to lockdown.

10 hatched
1 pipped on Saturday morning and still has not made it out ( I see no new movement since yesterday) and 4 that have not done anything. I'll leave them in there today just incase I get lucky and another one hatches.

I ended up with 2 lighter colored ones and 8 darker ones.

Here they are

Last edited:
Everyone please cross your crossables. I have a badly cracked day 18 egg. The baby inside is still alive , I painted what I could with clear fingernail polish but I'm not sure how much that will help. He was supposed to hatch on Wednesday under his mom but now he is in my incubator. I removed all other eggs in there to underneath various broodies for the time being. This is my first time hatching inside so I am super nervous already and then worried about the chick ... I have upped my humidity and I've got the heat stable so I am praying this little baby will make it.

Day 22 and no pips yet...although technically I guess it's still day 21 for a few hours. Upping the humidity seems to have brought down the temperature, so I'm hoping that just slowed them down a little. My incubator hasn't varried from 99 the whole time and now that I've upped the humidity it's been running 97-99.

Day 22 and no pips yet...although technically I guess it's still day 21 for a few hours. Upping the humidity seems to have brought down the temperature, so I'm hoping that just slowed them down a little. My incubator hasn't varried from 99 the whole time and now that I've upped the humidity it's been running 97-99.

Give it time. I've had one hatch I thought was failed but left them in the incubator a few more days hoping and on day 25 they hatched. Low temp can slow down their hatch. sometimes they are just slow anyway. I mean they are in a nice warm shell where nobody can bother them. Why get out? LOL

There's a pip in one of the eggs now and peeping coming from that one and another one, so I guess they're starting to get a move on. :)

There's a pip in one of the eggs now and peeping coming from that one and another one, so I guess they're starting to get a move on. :)

YAY!!
I've had nothing pip so far. I'm hopeful that they'll start soon. I am trying hard not to mess with the eggs. I have a tiny brooder tote ready to heat up when they begin to pip. My dogs have started going to the incubator occasionally and sniffing it/looking at it. That is a good sign. means they hear something that I don't. :) Or it could be really bad they might smell something that i dont LOL

Back
Top Bottom