Anyone have a hen or eggs set for October? Join us!

That depends on your hens breed. If she is a Orpington she could probably handle more. No, if she sets on them now, today, your eggs will hatch, November 12th.

well shes a red sexlink but does have a bigger butt than the rest ive noticed and i made a bet that she would go broody first this spring, and was right. And thanks its the first time Ive hatched some eggs eggs and im putting them under her this weekend on the Saturday. How long do they take to hatch??????????

It takes 21 days for a chicken egg to hatch. So they will hatch November 12. Your welcome. Glad I could help.
smile.png

I know it's abit late but can I join you all. I have 7 Bantam Pekin eggs under a first time broody SLWx due to hatch on the 30th, she seems to be doing a great job, I took a quick look at 1 egg last night and it seems to be developing ok, with us both being newbies I don't wont to interfere to much in case I am the one that mess things up.
Good luck to you all and please keep your fingers crossed for my new mum to be :)

i'm begining to get impatient. Being on lock down sucks. can't candle the eggs to check. I'm worried because the last time i candled one egg had an extra large air sac. Hoping it hatches okay.

i just saw that i've got 2 outta 4 call duck eggs hatching. all i've read about them, you have to assist them because of their short bill, large head and short neck. so quickly got the 4 out, candled them and found 2 had internally pipped and had punched a hole in the shell....:)

i've just put 3 call duck eggs (different set) in lockdown a few minutes ago; they'll hatch the 26th . then i have 2 mille fleur d'uccle bantam chicken eggs that will hatch 29-30th.

Back
Top Bottom