Anyone have an actual chicken barn?

well what you could do is use 6by8 stalls and at the back of the stall where it's just the back wall and cut a hole going outside with a run attached maybe 4 nest boxes in each pen with a roost

That is what I was thinking to be the size of the stalls, that way a full sheet of plywood would be the divider between the bottom of the stall with no need to cut it down. I am taking notes!

I plan on building a kennel type chicken barn, with a covered area for feed and brooders, "kennels" on either side for 4-6 chickens, and then 2 large pens at the end for turkeys, guineas, and or a mixed laying flock. I would like to have one walk way down the middle with auto waterers and roll out nest boxes. the walk way and half of the kennels would be covered, that way they all get sunlight. I had a friend that built a barn for her chickens, but the pen were covered all the way on the top, and the chickens in the middle didnt lay as good, I suggested she extend the pens out so they all get sunlight, IDK if she ever did it though. I dont have anything on paper yet

Yes, exactly how I am envisioning it...I will have to put my plans to the computer and upload them.

Here's a side few. I just got the tools out & went to work. I built it by myself. Pretty much eyeballed the whole think.This shot was taken before I put the metal roof on.

I plan on building a kennel type chicken barn, with a covered area for feed and brooders, "kennels" on either side for 4-6 chickens, and then 2 large pens at the end for turkeys, guineas, and or a mixed laying flock. I would like to have one walk way down the middle with auto waterers and roll out nest boxes. the walk way and half of the kennels would be covered, that way they all get sunlight. I had a friend that built a barn for her chickens, but the pen were covered all the way on the top, and the chickens in the middle didnt lay as good, I suggested she extend the pens out so they all get sunlight, IDK if she ever did it though. I dont have anything on paper yet
this is similar to what Im planning, the covered area will have brooders on one side, and feed storage and a couple Isolation cages on the other.
boarding1.jpg

this is similar to what Im planning, the covered area will have brooders on one side, and feed storage and a couple Isolation cages on the other.
boarding1.jpg

That is pretty close to what I am envisioning....my boyfriend is going to have a heart attack when I show him this and tell him that is what mine should look like! LOL.

Back
Top Bottom