Anyone have any experience with Dare2Dream Farm?

I just got one RIR from them 2 days ago because I only had two chicks that I hatched and 1 turned out to be a roo, I must say there RIR sure looks darker and more like a heritage than mine.
there birds look well kept and the 11 week old I got from them is so sweet and mellow and my 8 week old roo and hen that I hatch are like on crack!, I wish I had got 2 from them.
Over all I would definitely buy from them again 5 STAR

I'm sorry I never got back to you guys with my experience! It's been a while since I've purchased birds from them (2012), and I did twice, but both times were pleasurable experiences. I actually ended up purchasing an EE and BLRW from them to be delivered. You can see pictures of the two in my gallery on my profile. They are definitely hatchery stock, but very sweet birds. They delivered them to my house and I paid them and it was done.

The second time I bought birds from them I decided to drive to them to visit their farm. If you don't live too far away I definitely recommend going to visit. Their farm is small and cute and most if not all of the birds are free range. Some were in a large barn that definitely needed a bit more ventilation but maybe it was because there were so many chickens, it just smelled. The couple that runs the farm are very sweet and helpful.

They have a pretty good variety, and as long as all you want are dependable birds that lay eggs for you, they are great. And who else delivers chickens on a regular basis to you, in the greater Los Angeles and Santa Barbara area? No one.

I think if they had the varieties that I wanted like purebred ameraucanas and copper marans I would probably buy from them again. I just looked and it looks like they added lavender orpingtons! Very cool, I'm sure this is just the beginning of their stock.

I just received my first flock of pullets from them and I am very happy! I ended up getting 2 Olive Eggers and 2 Buff Orpingtons from Dare2Dream. They are all incredibly sweet, docile birds and they're settling in nicely. I had them delivered, but only because I was nervous they would sell out of the breeds/ages I wanted by the time I could drive up to the farm. I definitely plan to make the trip there when we decide to add our flock. All in all, highly recommended!

I love this farm, and the owner/operators are kind, hard working, knowledgable, and amazingly awesome people ! I have always gotten healthy, beautiful chicks from them, delivered right to me. In addition to having a great breed selection, they build beautiful, good quality coops as well!
They even grow their own organic feed for the chickens! They run very nice facility and they are always willing to answer questions and help whenever you need advice. I would highly recommend this farm to anyone who is considering using them, they are wonderful! I have attached a couple photos of the latest group of chicks that I ordered from them! Happy, healthy, and so cute!

Last edited:
We bought 4 pullets from Dare2Dream in December 2014. They delivered them right to our front door, and they are the stars of our flock! They were healthy, happy and started laying the very week they arrived. They are the friendliest in our coop, we are planning to have them deliver some more very soon. We have purchased some of the rarer breeds online from a different breeder and had them shipped USPS. Not such a good experience! One of the birds arrived DOA and we had to pay for shipping for the replacement, they were not nearly as healthy, younger than we expected, maybe we got their rejects, and took months to start laying. We bought some pullets locally from another breeder ....... now we have a rooster from them. Dare2Dream is the way to go for us hands down.

In March 2015,I got my first 6 week old pullets from Dare2Dream Farms. I couldn't of been happier! Even after Lucy ended up being Mr. Lucy. Within the week I got a replacement pullet. And Megan tells me Mr. Lucy did not end up in a stock pot! I love my girls and they are so very healthy! Megan and her husband were so wonderful answering all my novice questions. I totally recommend Dare2Dream Farms!
1f414.png
Lori

I am replying to this post from 2011!
It’s 2020 and I purchased 4 Cochin chicks 4 months ago.
I recently had one euthanized bc she began to experience paralysis And the very next morning, one of the other girls had died overnight.
I sent both bodies to a lab for necropsy.
The preliminary findings are consistent with Mareks. Apparently, they were vaccinated.
Being a Vet Tech for 25 years, I know vaccines are never 100%, but I’ve also read that if given properly (at the right age, not watered down, given within 24 hours of opening) the vaccine should have a pretty high rate of protection against Mareks. Pretty disappointed

Back
Top Bottom