Anyone have any idea on breed/gender

ericsplls

Songster
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
I need some help identifying these guys or gals. They were part of a bantam assortment. They will be four weeks old tuesday.
Chick one is tiny even compared to the other bantams.
49765_chick1.jpg

49765_chick.jpg

Chick two seems to have some blue on the back with bronze or red on the breast
49765_chick2.jpg

Chick three I'm sure is a frizzle cochin but no idea on sex.
49765_chick3.jpg

Chick four is definetly a blue color for now but looks more like a dove than a chicken right now with exception of the comb.
49765_chick4.jpg

Last edited:
No one has any guesses. I was hoping for some oegb pullets but I haven't ever raised any from chicks but have bought grown hens for broodys.

It may still be a little too soon to tell. Keep a close eye on comb color and development. The males are always first to develop. Give it a week or two, and they'll let you know.
frow.gif
Could chick 4 be a frizzle also?

Last edited by a moderator:
gonzo&hispeeps :

It may still be a little too soon to tell. Keep a close eye on comb color and development. The males are always first to develop. Give it a week or two, and they'll let you know.
frow.gif
Could chick 4 be a frizzle also?

I think I only have one frizzle. You can't see it in the pic but the one that is frizzled has had pretty good curl on the feathers for a couple weeks now. Chick four usually looks pretty smooth. Thats the first time my son has held a chick this year he must of been pushing up on the wing.​

Back
Top Bottom