Anyone have black minorca's???

Hello, I ordered a couple chicks to make fill a minimum 25 chick order. I only order two and they are the fast feathering as they showed tail feathers twice as long as the other black chicks of two other breeds that were in the order. However they are both males. They are about 3months old, July 28 hatch. They are a bit skiddish but still curious and still tame as I just moved them, and was surprized they came up to me and didnt seem afraid. I had some when I was younger and remember how big thier eggs were. These came from Sandhill Preservation . They are going to be big boys I can tell you that. Thats if anyone might have a use for them. No point in keeping two males. Not sure where I would be able to find a pullet. So if I can help someone out contact me. Feed prices just went up. At least they are not real big so shipping might not be extreme. Thier carraige and build at this time, even though they are young is long horizontal just like the two birds posted, one just lost part of its tail. Sandhill says they are not show quality strain. But they are a commercial enterprize for heritage breeds. Sorry I dont have any pullets to testify to thier egg laying quality. They list them to lay a large egg. I'm in K. C. , MO if that helps anyone. If someone has a pullet to let go, I might be interested

A well insulated coop with low ceiling can often be enough to keep the combs from freezing,and a waterer that they cannot get their wattles wet helps.The males are more prone,than females.Some use vaseline on combs in worst cold.

H
Hello,   I ordered a couple chicks to make fill a minimum 25 chick order.  I only order two and they are the fast feathering as they showed tail feathers twice as long as the other black chicks of two other breeds that were in the order.  However they are both males.  They are about 3months old, July 28 hatch.    They are a bit skiddish but still curious and still tame as I just moved them, and was surprized they came up to me and didnt seem afraid.    I had some when I was younger and remember how big thier eggs were.  These came from Sandhill Preservation .  They are going to be big boys I can tell you that.   Thats if anyone might have a use for them.   No point in keeping two males.   Not sure where I would be able to find a pullet.  So if I can help someone out contact me.  Feed prices just went up.   At least they are not real big so shipping might not be extreme.   Thier carraige and build at this time, even though they are young is  long horizontal just like the two birds posted, one just lost part of its tail.    Sandhill says they are not show quality strain.  But they are a commercial enterprize for heritage breeds.  Sorry I dont have any pullets to testify to thier egg laying quality.   They list them to lay a large egg.   I'm in K. C. ,   MO  if that helps anyone.   If someone has a pullet to let go,  I might be interested
....... I've ordered from Sandhill and they are not the good ole Minorcas that they say they are now u have just good ole egg layers

Back
Top Bottom