Anyone have CONSTANTLY sick pets??

Now, let me point out, before this DOES get into an "well if you can't take the cat to the vet.." wich is hasn't YET, that wasn't my intent.

may I point out that we have 7 outside cats, 2 indoor cats.

ALL of the outdoor cats are EXTREMELY healthy cats, our biggest cat probly weighs around 15-16 pounds.

they all go to the vet WHEN they NEED it, and so far, except for Talon, no one has needed the vet in a long LONG time,the indoor cats are the same, our 15 or so pound Himi will attest to that.

we are not, well I'm not as I'm the one whos feeds the outside cats,I make sure they get FOOD, where as my fiances mom is just as happy to throw them scraps every few days
smack.gif
. but I am not the kind of person who throws alittle bit of food at the cats and says 'see you later'.

our outdoor dogs go the vet when they need it too.

my ducks have never been ill, and if they were I'd find an avian vet.

Talon HAS been to the vet multiple times, he gets better and then goes downhill in a matter of days, today he's feeling much better than last night, tomorrow he'll be even better, then it'll rain or something, and he'll get icky again.

I'd love to have ALL the cats inside, but we've got too many for that.

Hi! I also have kitties. We have 2 house cats very rarely ever sick. They eat Natures Varity "Instinct". Now there are the we call street kitties. I have had the same issues you have with the URI. I believe these cats all stemming from one cat mixed persian. She appeard around here 10 years ago. All these kitties stem from her and there is also a tom thats been here around the same length of time. They are basically wild cats. After Katrina we had 2 house cats who were neutered and spayed but, when we lost all buildings they had to be released to the great out doors. So we began putting out food for them, then these started comming around. They would normally stay w/ my neighbor who has peacocks. I had raised one and he would like to eat kitty kibble so he would put it out for Stitchie(peacock) so began the train of street kitties. Then all the in breeding breeding began. I had all the boys here neutered. but, the long time wild tom is siring the kittens. He is blk. and white with light blu eyes. huge and mean. I believe we are suffering with F.A.I.D.S.(illiness steming from no real immune system) also a side effect of inbreeding. 2 years ago any kitten born either lived on antibiotics are died. I got tired of trying to save them and we haven't had a kitten in 2 years. Mainly the neuters were doing there job. (yes! neuters will still breed it brings the girls out of heat) but, this spring heres the old two tone tom w/ the bedroomblue eyes breeding to probably a daughter 10 times over. There are about 7 adult kitties most are neutered are spayed except a few untouchables. Everyone was saying Luk. but I have had a few tested and I have a lil DLH girl who is now one of my house cats she has no luk. She eats the best food along with my siamese/hymalin x. I cant afford to feed this to the street kitties they eat purina cat chow and what ever they hunt. I like them here keeps the rodents away. Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom