ANYONE HAVE EGGS DUE!! CHARTS ON PAGE ONE POST ONE!! NEWCOMERS WELCOME!!!

1 fully hatched
celebrate.gif
, one of the remaining zip and pips died
hit.gif
after 2 days of sitting in its shell (not breathing anymore) and the third one that pipped and zipped is still in its shell, not moving just breathing
idunno.gif

426082_574073976895_290401244_1271200_1010317851_n.jpg

My first baby chick that I hatched. What drama; the waiting, the questioning what I saw when I candled the eggs, then tossing the bad eggs, the tears, the morning when you see the pip, the hours to wait and wonder if everything is going the way it should. A total emotional roller coaster ride for sure! I feel so much better now. 2nd chick has pipped but working much slower than this one. I can see movement, but this next chick is part sloth.

I would help it out, if mine are stuck in the shell for more then 24 hours I do a rescue, and so far they have all made it! So sorry for ones you lost.
hugs.gif

Everyone has a different opinion on helping or not, but as long as I keep saving them and they live, I help out if needed!
1 fully hatched
celebrate.gif
, one of the remaining zip and pips died
hit.gif
after 2 days of sitting in its shell (not breathing anymore) and the third one that pipped and zipped is still in its shell, not moving just breathing
idunno.gif

426082_574073976895_290401244_1271200_1010317851_n.jpg

Just had one pip about 30 minutes ago, Hubby gave up on me and already went to bed.. Now I dont want to sleep just in casr I miss something... Im going crazy now its peeping so I hope its not too long
ahhh

It appears that the 2nd pip I had is dead. The chick made a small hole to breathe from and was satisfied to stay that way. We tapped on the incubator window and the flashlight seemed to awaken the chick to move a little and peep from within, but it just didn't want to do anything about cracking open that shell. I saw where others had their chicks resting for long periods of time and after 24 hours they would assist if need be, so I was going to wait those long 24 hours. This morning there had been no change. I picked up the shell to tap on it for movement... nothing.
sad.png

I peeled back some of the shell to help out and discovered no movement at all.
hit.gif

I don't think that this chick could possible sleep through that while holding it's breath, and have determined that it died unless someone can tell me that they have had miraculous recoveries from such a thing. Anyone?

Here are several progression photos of the chick I had to hatch showing lots of details that some may like to see. I know that I was quite worried when I saw what was on the back side of the chick's bottom. It came off on it's own within an hour of her getting around. I have heard not to pull it because it could severely injure the chick. Here is the link to my photos.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/album/view/id/6171117/user_id/119388

Sorry
hit.gif
My first pip was like that. Hope the rest goes well
fl.gif

I still have no more pips
sad.png
, I finally helped the second one out but its weak. The third pip is doing well and bowling with the eggs
smile.png

How long is it normal to wait for the eggs to hatch before you give up?

Last edited:
my hatching has been going on for about 28 hours now, 7 out of twenty have hatched, 1 died trying to get out of its shell, still have pipping , oh sounds like another just hatched, none of these were due until tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom