ANYONE HAVE EGGS DUE!! CHARTS ON PAGE ONE POST ONE!! NEWCOMERS WELCOME!!!

I had one pip at 6 this morning, and three more pip but the one from lat night that started at midnight stopped, oh now one hatched.. I have a lil RIR so cute and the kiddos got to watch the whole thing yay only 20 more to go

Well, I've got six survivors from the school hatch here at home. There may be one more hatching at school today, then I think whatever is left may be quitters. We brought 8 home. Three died in the incubator while nobody was there. I guess it was bad planning with them hatching over the weekend. We've done what we could to get there and check on them. Two died this morning, so now I'm left with six. I think in hindsight I'd have put them in the brooder right away and not left them in the incubator. We had the issue of the quitter that had zipped and had to stay overnight in the incubator friday night. I think it might have affected the hatchlings that were still in there. But here is a picture of the six survivors at least!! They're so cute!!

1 more pip
smile.png
not sure how long because the chick pushed it around and I just noticed it
fl.gif

Update: the second pip died
hit.gif
so now its one chick and one pip
fl.gif

Last edited:
Well I'm anxiously awaiting for pips and zips from my coturnix. I saw five out of twelve eggs rocking yesterday on the first day of lockdown. Tomorrow is hatch day. I have seen a couple rock today. Tomorrow is the last day to turn my first set of chicken eggs and they go into lockdown on Tuesday! YAY!!!
pop.gif
Now to wait!

Hi
I have 20 eggs on a LG first hatch and all. I candled yesterday and i was looking at the candling picks and yesterday was supposely day 14 but some looked like the day 11 candling pic u have. I saw them moving though, it was exciting. There's a couple where im not sure there's gunk floating so ill just leave then in there. They are due march 18 or 19

I got my 1st chick, Lucy, in the brooder this morning and chick #2 died in the shell and had to be removed. I now have a 3rd chirping egg with a pip and am waiting to see how this one goes. Praying for the little chick to survive the hatch. I feel like Prissy from Gone with the Wind, "But Ms. Scarlette, I don't know nothin' 'bout birthing no babies!" On another roller coaster ride, and yes, it is amazing!

sorry to hear about your one chickie. hope the other one comes soon!! good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom