ANYONE HAVE EGGS DUE!! CHARTS ON PAGE ONE POST ONE!! NEWCOMERS WELCOME!!!

I am new to incubating and I have my little ones to day 20. Should I be seeing anything yet? or is this too early to see eggs shaking?

mamachickie

dip the beak in the water... that is what I have done in the past. And I noticed with my chicks that they sleep alot! I just had to make sure that they had food water and were not pasting up and they did just fine! Oh yea and plenty of heat!

I see 8 pips out of my 12 jb coturnix!!! There could be more but some eggs are turned where I cant see.
celebrate.gif

And tomorrow is lockdown for my 17 chicken eggs!

My ducklings are due to hatch Sunday. One of my customers wants to take her ducklings home as soon as they dry. When do you open the incubator to let out the hatched ducklings?

Well, my sloth of a chick, Myrtle the Turtle, never did progress yesterday just like the one that died in the shell the day before. I got bold and assisted the chick because I figured that if I didn't it would probably die anyway. Sometimes a chick not being born may just be the way nature intends for it to be even though it breaks our heart. I did successfully help my baby out at the end of day 23. It was in the process of being shrink wrapped which is odd because the humidity is plenty high at 65 - 70%. The chick was very weak, didn't seem to be in the proper position to hatch out, and I noticed that one of the legs was deformed and had a curled foot. I wonder if that is the reason that it wasn't successful in breaking free.
I now have an Intensive Chick Unit (ICU) set up with an orthopedic department. She has shoes on her feet, a splint on her leg, and a chicken seat made from a cottage cheese container to keep her legs dangling. The chick is getting stronger by the hour and we hope to be able to fix her leg so that she can live a happy life.
Anyway, I would not recommend trying to assist unless not much bothers you. I'm just determined that way and have seen a worse mess than that while eating lunch.

Today she has more energy, but having a hard time getting around still. I started giving her Poly-Vi-Sol this afternoon. No more pips in the remaining 2 eggs. With it being day 24 and no movement detected, I think my hatch is over. One healthy chick. One special needs chick that may not make it. I don't think I will ever try to hatch shipped eggs again.

Back
Top Bottom