Anyone have information on Swedish Flowers?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I just got a Swedish flower cockerel, but I can’t find much information on the roosters.
Is there anything I should know about them? I currently have 15 hens and will have him and one more rooster, maybe two if my flock expands. They do all free range and we do have children around our yard.
Any information on the temperament and such of a Swedish flower rooster will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 78204220-7439-4E7F-AB6B-8949A35D2D6E.jpeg
    78204220-7439-4E7F-AB6B-8949A35D2D6E.jpeg
    589.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 207B3540-8D56-4B19-973D-46E631853E75.jpeg
    207B3540-8D56-4B19-973D-46E631853E75.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 11
I just got a Swedish flower cockerel, but I can’t find much information on the roosters.
Is there anything I should know about them? I currently have 15 hens and will have him and one more rooster, maybe two if my flock expands. They do all free range and we do have children around our yard.
Any information on the temperament and such of a Swedish flower rooster will be appreciated.
The typical Swedish Flower rooster is calm, and non-aggressive. Some people think they are loud crowers. They love free ranging and adapt to most any weather. - if u want any info on hens here is some: They lay 150-200 eggs per year, typically 1/3 of hens go broody if allowed, their eggs are a light beige in color and typically large to extra large.

The typical Swedish Flower rooster is calm, and non-aggressive. Some people think they are loud crowers. They love free ranging and adapt to most any weather. - if u want any info on hens here is some: They lay 150-200 eggs per year, typically 1/3 of hens go broody if allowed, their eggs are a light beige in color and typically large to extra large.
Thank you! That’s perfect then. I might eventually get a hen but I’m not sure yet, Biscotti just needed a new home and fast

They are chickens, your welcome. :)

Swedish flower rooster are gentle and calm at a year old. When there hitting there hormone stage which would be 6 months of age. They behave like any misbehaving cockerel. Which sometimes can be brutal to the hens depending on your setup.

If you want to keep him take the time to make your presence known everyday. It also helps to interact with him.

Decide now if your going to have 2 potential roosters. Raising 2 cockerels of similar age will keep the peace better and less fighting versus a young and old.

Swedish flower rooster are gentle and calm at a year old. When there hitting there hormone stage which would be 6 months of age. They behave like any misbehaving cockerel. Which sometimes can be brutal to the hens depending on your setup.

If you want to keep him take the time to make your presence known everyday. It also helps to interact with him.

Decide now if your going to have 2 potential roosters. Raising 2 cockerels of similar age will keep the peace better and less fighting versus a young and old.
Alright I will. Thank you! The little roo will be a couple weeks younger but they will be raised together

Back
Top Bottom