Anyone have luck catching a feral chicken?? UPDATE: Rooster caught, no hen

I plan on it.

I wonder if Elector PSP does anything to them? I had treated the roosts and other wood surfaces with that not to long ago. For expensive as it is it should treat everything! LOL

I read for several hours and never saw mention of it so I would do the oil method.

I am not looking forward to treating 31 birds every night.

I'm wondering if I have a young molter...? I was told she's 7 months old. I got her as a lone hen and she Bantam. I thought my other little girl (not 3 lbs) needed a little friend. Of course they don't hang out.

She hasn't laid an egg for me. I thought it was the stress from the move. Then maybe the daylight. But she really looks like she's molting.
View attachment 1186798 View attachment 1186799

I'm questioning her legs too...
View attachment 1186800 Scaley leg mites? I can barely find her feet under all the feathers. LOL

The feet look like Lizbeth's, which means they probably just normal Cochin feet. The feathers on the feet affect the scales, and they get thicker to compensate for the stress the feathers put on them. Think of them as required calluses.

The feet look like Lizbeth's, which means they probably just normal Cochin feet. The feathers on the feet affect the scales, and they get thicker to compensate for the stress the feathers put on them. Think of them as required calluses.
Thank you for the info Anansi!!! I didn't know that! I got three cochin chicks in April and am still learning a lot about feather footers.

BTW: I can't remember if I told you when you posted pics.... but your birds are beautiful!!! (Gertrude and Lizbeth?? were those their names or did my brain make that up...?) They are lucky ladies!!! And I am jealous of all the chicken cuddles you must get ;)

Yes, Gurtrude and Lizbeth. :thumbsup
My granddaughters are going to be in 7th heaven when they come out here. They have chickens as well, but they have the traditional set up, chickens outside, caregivers inside. The youngest keeps trying to get her mom to let her bring in her favorite 2, but it doesn't work. I'm sure it works vey well when mom is not home :lau

Yes, Gurtrude and Lizbeth. :thumbsup
My granddaughters are going to be in 7th heaven when they come out here. They have chickens as well, but they have the traditional set up, chickens outside, caregivers inside. The youngest keeps trying to get her mom to let her bring in her favorite 2, but it doesn't work. I'm sure it works vey well when mom is not home :lau

Lol bless her for trying. I can only imagine what a treat it must be for them to play with Gurtrude and Lizbeth. Who would't want that all the time?!

My mom came to visit me yesterday, so I got to show off my chickens to her. My parents have chickens of their own but their chickens are poultry not pets. They do not have names and do not get held. So while my mom was visiting I made sure to go get my biggest, fluffiest cochin (her name is Bubbles) so my mom could snuggle with her. Mom cooed and petted and sang, and Bubbles behaved herself very well. It was really sweet. Chickens are such great pets :love I am glad yours found you.

Back
Top Bottom