1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have mini donkeys?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cgjsmith, May 12, 2007.

1. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    What are their maintenence requirements? feild size? are they ok with goats? thanks Crystal

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  2. beameuplord

beameuplord Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2007
    My best friend has two mini donkeys in with Babydoll and Jacob sheep and a goat. They seem to do well together. The field isn't huge. I'm guessing maybe half an acre but I'm not a good judge of that stuff. The only prob she has had since she got them last Fall was ringworm around their eyes. Also she bought two and was told they do better in pairs. she has two males and recently had them gelded. They are really sweet and easy to manage.

TJ

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

There is a lady in town that breeds them and they look so sweet. [​IMG] If you get one, you HAVE to post a picture!!

4. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thats great to know beameuplord, I have a small area with small goats and had considered one.....I look forward to reading everyone elses input here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by