Anyone have new chicks coming?

Jakoda

Songster
7 Years
Apr 12, 2012
Old Lyme CT
chippie, I hope they find them!

adenium>>> Call MPC, with your order number they can give you a tracking number, in fact they can tell you RIGHT NOW where your baby chicks are!

Mine shipped on a monday, I had asked my PO what time their Express Mail is delivered, they told me 6 am..I didn't hear anything tues morning, so I called MPC, they told me exactly where the chicks were, as of 10am tues morning they were 15 minues away from me (in the next town) and told me to call my PO again, to see if EXpress mail delivers 'twice' in a day as they do sometimes when it involves baby chicks..SOOOO I called the PO again, she said YES, they deliver again around 11 am...got a call 15 mins later they were here.

So what I'm saying is, IF your chicks are say, in the next town over (Mine went to Hartford then to New London then Old Lyme),,if they don't deliver Express twice to your town,,you can call where they "are" and go pick them up there vs letting them sit overnite in the PO..

Hope I didn't make things to confusing!

chippie I may have missed it? I would call for a tracking number as well..

chippie

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 19, 2012
Adirondack's NY
I have the tracking number the post office is doing a search waiting to hear from them. Hoping they come today can't bare to think of them sitting in a building in that box....

chippie

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 19, 2012
Adirondack's NY
Found out they never left the originating post office for some odd reason now I won't get them until tomorrow afternoon. I should get a refund on shipping it takes two days to get a package from that area. Express it was not! :rant

Adenium

Songster
7 Years
Jan 28, 2012
Connecticut
Oh no chippie! Hopefully they're OK wherever they're waiting it out.

My PO still has no answer, and I tried to backtrack and call the offices that the chicks might pass through just before getting to my town, but they're not answering their phones. The local PO has given me two different answers on whether they get a twice-daily express delivery or not, and this second phone call was with a very heavily accented person. Ack!

Growing increasingly desperate, especially since now armed with the tracking number I can see that they were supposed to have arrived already.

LaPetiteFarmer

Songster
7 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Vista, CA
I am on the same boat. I called my PO and now I am waiting on them to see where are my chicks
because when I look at my tracking number they are still in the same spot since yesterday

Adenium

Songster
7 Years
Jan 28, 2012
Connecticut
After calling all over, it looks like mine haven't even reached CT. I got the number for the airport post office and they said they'll call me if the chicks come in on the 9:30p delivery. I will absolutely go pick them up then!

The main distribution center in Hartford said they've called folks before and gotten asked "why are you bothering me" when offered the chance to pick up their chicks early with a slightly longer drive. Probably people ordering loads of meat chicks who don't care much if some don't make it. I was surprised, and gave many thanks to the poor guy for walking all the delivery bays and checking for my babies. Sadly they aren't there.

Wish WE could get money back when the "guaranteed" arrival time isn't met, but I guess MPC if anyone gets the refund from the USPS. The tracking number guaranteed 3pm today, but MPC only guarantees by 5pm Thursday. :he

Taking deep breaths. At least they should get here tomorrow. And if I'm lucky, tonight. If only we could have roos, and I could just hatch eggs.

LaPetiteFarmer

Songster
7 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Vista, CA
MPC told me they could arrived max thursday.... I can't believe it!!!! I am still waiting on the PO to get back to me... I am so frustrated!

liz9910

Crowing
7 Years
Apr 8, 2012
Northern California
We just got our first ever chickies yesterday from MPC
Unfortunately, one did not survive the trip (black copper marans). A couple are pasting up, so we've been doing chickie butt baths. Other than that, all are doing great.
How did you manage to get the BCM's from MPC? I've never seen them available on there lol.

Elizabeth

chippie

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 19, 2012
Adirondack's NY
I orders from Meyers Hatchery and they were the ones who told me they never left their local post office and was guaranteed they will be here tomorrow around 1 the time our local post office gets their express mail. It is frustrating and disappointing. I know it will be worth the wait. These are my first chicks!

Top Bottom