Anyone have new chicks coming?

Oh no Chippie!
So how long were they in transit total now?

Are you trying sugar water or electrolytes or anything? I bought SavAChick but then was reading that it's best to leave it at clean water unless they're stressed. Sounds like your remaining ones are indeed stressed but you're smart to let them sit a bit. I'm sure you'll give them lots of TLC. Good luck and keep us posted.

I have some shipping out today from Ideal, a mix of different Polish and a few red Silkies. Can't wait! I had some mixed chicks hatch out this weekend so I figured it was perfect timing to add a few more. Can you tell I have a slight addiction
lau.gif

I am using the save a chic and water they need it poor little things. They all seem to be perking up, I gave them a washcloth bath and dried them off. They seem to be sleeping now. None have a decent poop all runny, one with pasty butt. We'll see what tomorrow will bring hoping it will be a better day for them!

I bought 2 extra silkies because on the long run I don't want to have just one bantam. The 2 silkies I got are a week old though, I put them with my babies and they seem to be fine, actually my baby silkie is pecking on their feet, so funny! Friday I should get one or two ameraucanas (even though they won't be bantams) born today since my EE died. I really want some green eggs!!

Adenium I love your pictures. When I settle down, I will take some as well.

Mine have foamy poops - it's audible when they go and looks like mini soap suds on top of a normal poo. But they seem fine otherwise....the BO had a pasty butt on arrival but has been good since. Boy did I feel like a mean mommy cleaning that off.

I bought 2 extra silkies because on the long run I don't want to have just one bantam. The 2 silkies I got are a week old though, I put them with my babies and they seem to be fine, actually my baby silkie is pecking on their feet, so funny! Friday I should get one or two ameraucanas (even though they won't be bantams) born today since my EE died. I really want some green eggs!!

Adenium I love your pictures. When I settle down, I will take some as well.

I think this sounds like a good plan :D

Everything's cuter in multiples.

I want to make a light box as described on another thread but I bet they'll be huge before I get it set up. I need a pet photographer to come fully capture the cute.

glad you all got your chicks, so sorry some aren't doing well, passed:(

I have to say, I haven't had one pasty butt (knock on wood)...The first day I gave them the save a chick,,since then I am using ACV in their water (after reading about it here on the boards)

nancie, I'm so sorry you lost some, I must have missed that somewhere:( I have been handling mine since day one..I want them 'handable', and now, day 9, those little chickies are all over my hands/arms when I put them in the brooder,,I also have been feeding them some mash (starter/mixed with water) that they go bonkers over, out of my hands.. Mine are all trying to fly which is funny to watch, they are roosting on top of their brinsea heater/roost which is funny to watch to.

I have a couple of fresh girls who really like 'pecking' my arm:)) I have just made sure I interact with them several times a day, and pick each one up despite some protests and just hold them a few minutes a few times a day as well..

LOVE the pics/video,,soooo CUTE!!! Hoping all the chickies that aren't to perky make it:)

Back
Top Bottom