Anyone have pics of Speckled Sussex crosses?

Joining in the reviving of the thread. Was contemplating hatching some eggs this spring from my varied flock of hens and SS roo. I suspect my buff, australorp hens will produce chicks like themselves but I also have some salmon favorelles, barred rocks, silver laced wyandottes, and a handful of commercially egg producing hens that I think are a red sex link of somekind. I'm curious to see what I get.

Also reviving this thread, purely as I have some SS cross eggs in the incubator due to hatch in 6 days and I’m curious what results may be.

I had a mixed pen with an SS rooster and also a Blue Araucana rooster.
SS hens, Barred Rock hens, an Araucana hen and a BLG Wyandotte.

From reading this thread could I safely assume that if the chicks are Speckled, then they are a result of the SS roo over the SS hens? And any babies from the Ara roo over the SS hens won’t be speckled?
Could the SS roo over the Barred Rock, Ara or Wyandotte hens produce any speckling? I’m new to genetics and have only just wrapped my head around the solid colours let alone things like speckles and bars and mille fleur and the like

They’re all in their separate breeding pens now but I figured I’d pop some eggs in and see how they go while I was waiting to get everyone sorted out.

I just picked up these 3 girls today. I found this thread trying to figure out if they are SS / Ameracauna mix? The people who had them had NO idea, they weren't getting along with their chickens (which is normal) and didn't know how to integrate them, so now they live with me. The white one seems to be a bantam cochin and the other two look like speckled sussex with big fluffy cheeks and the amer. tails.
speckles and cochin.jpg

I just picked up these 3 girls today. I found this thread trying to figure out if they are SS / Ameracauna mix? The people who had them had NO idea, they weren't getting along with their chickens (which is normal) and didn't know how to integrate them, so now they live with me. The white one seems to be a bantam cochin and the other two look like speckled sussex with big fluffy cheeks and the amer. tails.
View attachment 1540229

Those are Russian Orloffs.

Is the BAxSS cross really that big in the breast area? Or was it just the angle?
Why yes, yes I do!

Easter Egger X SS
View attachment 1084663
Red Sex Link X SS
View attachment 1084664
Black Australorp X SS cockerel (I thought this was my sex link - turns out I hatched two BA eggs and none from my Barred Rock! Ugh!)
View attachment 1084665
Group photo of a few of the girls, further descriptions below.
View attachment 1084666
Red Sex Link X SS (Golden Comet variety - look at that lacy stuff going on on her cushion/saddle feathers!)
View attachment 1084667
Black Australorp X SS Pullet
View attachment 1084668

Dark Cornish X SS
View attachment 1084669

I saw the offspring of SS roo and Light Sussex hen. But can anyone confirm if they were sexlinked or have a photo of babies? I am going to attempt a sexlink between these two myself but I am finding very limited information.

Back
Top Bottom