Anyone have plans to make a plucker from a working washing machine?

They made it at MIT but I have seen other versions prior to this. It's made for low-income areas and most of it is just an old bike and two drums, an inner perferrated drum that spins and an outer that sits still, holds water etc.

I bet you could make that into a pedal-powered chicken plucker instead of a whole, expensive, hard to move washing machine and bicycle your way to a cleaner chicken! XD
You would need to turn it up to make a chicken plucker

Does anyone have the plans for making the washing machine plucker or know where to find it?? please PM me if you like.

Last edited:
I am also interested in the plans. Just got some meat birds and was gonna make the handheld version but would like to try this.

They made it at MIT but I have seen other versions prior to this. It's made for low-income areas and most of it is just an old bike and two drums, an inner perferrated drum that spins and an outer that sits still, holds water etc.

I bet you could make that into a pedal-powered chicken plucker instead of a whole, expensive, hard to move washing machine and bicycle your way to a cleaner chicken! XD

I have similar idea, but can't find smaller drum. My 5gal bucket and 55gal barrel do not meet the requirement. I just don't like the idea messing with the power if can't safely keep the water away.

There are all kinds of plans and video on You tube on how to make a number of different kinds of pluckers. I have tried to find one already made as I was given 100 chicks to raise and butcher. I have worked on them 5-10 at a time. If I had the money I would get the materials and make one. I can't find one to buy or borrow so I have done it all by hand. But oh how good eating it is.

I know I'm behind the times but I have an old washer I have been taking apart does anyone have the plans for the washer plucker? Has any one else made one yet?

Do you still have the PDF plans for washing machine plucker? I would like to build one.
Thanks Arthur

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom