Anyone have pullets hatched around 9/1/09? Laying?

kittykorat

Songster
10 Years
Aug 12, 2009
Central MA
I have 6 pullets- 4 EEs, 1 Australorpe, 1 white rock.
The Australorpe and white rock have red faces and wattles and look very close to laying.. and have looked this way for a couple weeks.
The EE's aren't ready as far as I can tell... they are just starting to redden up a bit.

Anyone else have pullets hatched about the same time?
Are they laying?
When did they start?

I'm starting to wonder if these slackers are ever going to lay!

Mine hatched later 10/24 and they're not laying either. (And I wasn't expecting them to) Mine aren't even squatting yet.

Are yours getting really red combs/wattles?
Are they squatting when you reach for them?

I have 23 girls that hatched on 8/31 and some of them are laying. I have 4 Dominiques, 4 gold lace Wyandottes, 4 silver lace Wyandottes, 4 Rhode Islands, 4 Black Australorps, 3 buff orpingtons. I also had a buff roo I rehomed. I got these from MPC. Not all of them are laying, but the first one started on 1/31/10, which was also the same day the 'roo left for his new home. They have been slowly adding to the daily count, today, at 3:30 was 15.... so the cyclinders are still working on all firing!
My girls are squatting for me, but again, not all of them. I didn't really expect them to start until they were 6 months old... makes the wait easier
wink.png

I have two pullets, one hatched Sept. 2 and the other Sept. 29 and they are both laying. The little mixed Australorp/Sussex was the second one hatched but the first to lay - right around the end of January and a little Splash Orpington started laying in Mid February.

I got the MPC EE pullet special on 9/28 and I'm getting anywhere from 4-8 eggs a day. I suspect my Texas climate may have something to do with it.

I have two RIR pullets hatched around 9/1 and one of them just started laying a few weeks ago. The other is not quite ready. And oh my, the one who is laying is giving us a large egg every day already.

Ours came from "My Pet Chicken", 7 silkies females (now pullets) that lived. There are 2 white, 2 black, 2 lavender and 1 red. See below!

We have had about 5 eggs, all beautiful. I think it came from the black sikies. Will do more snooping to see if I can catch them at it.

38332_img_1376.jpg

38332_img_1372.jpg

38332_img_1369.jpg

38332_img_1364.jpg

smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

I have 3 EE gals hatched 8/25/09 and all started laying in Jaunary at around 21-23 weeks.

My girls were pretty red long before they started to lay...the funniest thing was the one pullet who was so pale it looked like she wouldnt lay for YEARS was the first to lay.
smile.png

The waiting game is the hardest!!

Back
Top Bottom