Anyone have SQ or BQ Barred Rocks?

RAREROO

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 22, 2009
Alapaha, Ga
I am wanting to see if anyone has LF, Show Quality or Breeder Quality Barred Rocks, I am eventually wanting to weed out all the hatchery birds on my farm and get birds from breeders who are more concerned with quality than quantity and can ship me some chicks or eggs in the future. I really love the ones on the Plymouth Rock page on mypetchicken.com . Any info on where I could get some and pics would be great.

I am also looking for Partridge Rocks.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes Bedste, SQ means Show Quality.

Thanks Cynthia, I sent rodriguezpoultry an email a while back and a PM last week about the prices of her BRs and neither has been answered yet. Maybe she'll see this post and tell me.

am wanting to see if anyone has Show Quality Barred Rocks

Are you looking for Large fowl or bantams. Chicks or hatching eggs?

Most of the breeders I know are done selling for the year but if you can wait till spring they will have some.

chris​

I'm sorry RAREROO...I never got the PM? Was my inbox full when you PMed??

I am not selling hatching eggs at this time, my last pullet died for random causes (still grasping at straws as to what happened), and the only female I have left is the daughter to the pullet that died.

I "may" have an extra cockerel if the male continues to stay alive and well!

Here is a photo of the male:
Chickens2154-1-1.jpg

He is not without his flaws, but his son seems to be a better example, just much younger.

Here is the female that passed away this last week:
Mikaela191.jpg

Chickens can be so frustrating!

Quote:
Thanks rodriguezpoultry, your birds are BEAUTIFUL and thats what I'm wanting, if I can afford them LOL . And I understand about your PM inbox being full, I have to keep deleting mine to keep mine from being full, it takes so long to delete them. And I also had my only Silver Penciled Rock hen die randomly, I have know idea why.
Anyway I'm not looking for them right now and it would actually be a while before I could get some because I am working on lining up several other breeds right now from other breeders, and I just wanted to find a good source to get them later on. My hatchery BRs are doing great right now, I would just like to eventually have all my birds from breeders. So if you could tell me what you will charge for eggs, I will keep you in mind and contact you when I am ready for some.

Thanks.

Quote:
Are you looking for Large fowl or bantams. Chicks or hatching eggs?

Most of the breeders I know are done selling for the year but if you can wait till spring they will have some.

chris

I am looking for large fowl, I went back and put that in the post, I was thinking about eggs but if there was a good breeder who could ship some affordable chicks, I would consider them also.

What other breeders do you know of ?

Back
Top Bottom