Anyone have their nose pierced? What to expect...

purplepeep

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Northern Ontario
...I just got my nose pierced yesterday!!

Anyway, I have read and re-read the aftercare sheet I was given, and I know keep it clean, don't touch it, don't take the jewlery out, blah, blah, blah... but what about the stuff not on the sheet?? Like is it normal to be more tender today, than when it was actually pierced yesterday? It is more swollen today too, and very slightly pink, is that normal? I'm sure some swelling is to be expected, since there was a piece of metal forced through there. haha. I was told 3 weeks before I could change the jewlery, but that seems awfully quick to me. Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone!!

I've never had my nose pierced... but I had my lip pierced... Yes, it will be more swollen and tender the day after, and even for the next week or so... your nose is cartilage so it's going to be very sensitive.... and yes, three weeks is WAY too soon to change out the jewelry... I was always told to wait 3 months, to minimize risk of infection... good luck
smile.png

It will be tender, maybe even flushed looking for a few days. Get a q-tip to be able to clean up the inside & after a few weeks you can change it out. I actually changed mine out before the 3 weeks, BUT I do NOT recommend that.

Expect your older sister to try and rip it out
smile.png
LOL MY little sister has her nose done and that is what I do when I see her......I don't think she has any problems with hers though.

Its just in my nostril. An itty bitty little diamond.

Oh, and one more thing....am I supposed to be cleaning inside my nose too?? I forgot to ask yesterday while I was having it done, and the sheet says nothing about inside the nose...

I think that since these piercing people do so many piercings every day, they forget that some of us really don't know. lol. And maybe since I'm 28 she assumed she wouldn't have to spell it out to me.
hmm.png
Thanks a bunch for the quick replies!! I love this place
love.gif

I pierced my nose...20 years ago!
cool.png

One thing I had trouble with is back then I had to use normal stud type earrings and sometimes they would puncture the inside of my nose and cause nose bleeds. Also the hole healed up right away if I ever left the earring out. Nothing like pushing a stud through your nose!

...I outgrew that phase and luckily you can't tell where the hole used to be.

Back
Top Bottom