Anyone have white leghorn rooster experience?

My leghorn roosters comb didnt turn red till 7 and a half to 8 weeks old. At 6 weeks old he looked just like yours does in the above photo. 🤷‍♀️
Thanks, that’s really interesting. They are all individuals in the end so they develop slightly faster and slower even in the same breed. Lol we just have to be patient I suppose. It’s definitely a bossy little bugger already but hens can be too.

Thanks, that’s really interesting. They are all individuals in the end so they develop slightly faster and slower even in the same breed. Lol we just have to be patient I suppose. It’s definitely a

I guess what I should ask you is if you still have that rooster and if it’s manageable or mean?
Yes! i still have him!🙂 on post 28# on this thread , i posted all about my experience with him and some photos.😊

For what it's worth the first chicken I ever really had much experience with is a white leghorn rooster. He hatched a day early and was cuddled a lot so he is pretty docile. He is also part of a large flock with a few dominant roosters and he never seems that competitive, at least with the humans. He doesn't like being picked up, but he is more than happy to sit next to you, be fed snacks and be pet. His name is Fluffy.

For what it's worth the first chicken I ever really had much experience with is a white leghorn rooster. He hatched a day early and was cuddled a lot so he is pretty docile. He is also part of a large flock with a few dominant roosters and he never seems that competitive, at least with the humans. He doesn't like being picked up, but he is more than happy to sit next to you, be fed snacks and be pet. His name is Fluffy.
Cool thanks for sharing your experiences! He sounds so sweet! I think mine is pulley now at 8 weeks still no waddles and no red or pink in the comb. I do think I will have a Swedish flower roo because one of those chicks I have does have red waddles starting and comb starting to turn at base and he is two weeks younger! But back to my leghorn. It can be scrappy and I think It/she will definitely be a head hen but she also seems gentle when she is giving corrections. I feel like a lot of what I’ve read online isn’t true about leghorns. A friend has a leghorn hen that always wants to crawl in your lap and my baby seems to be bent towards that too. A lot of folks on here like yourself have said how friendly theirs are.

So she’s 11 weeks old now and I’m pretty convinced pullet. Just wanted to give an update.

Attachments

• 6E4BDE6F-18FB-4C61-B582-44D7364974FE.jpeg
    6E4BDE6F-18FB-4C61-B582-44D7364974FE.jpeg
    802.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom