Anyone heard of chickens w/ bubbled skin?.... it's getting worse!

loumel5e

Hatching
11 Years
May 18, 2008
A bubble appeared on my chick's upper back and 24 hrs later it is spreading to the neck and head area. You can actually see through the bubbled skin. Has any other person ever experienced this? If so, what is this and what do I do to remedy? This chick is a youngster and appears to not quite have developed as quickly as all the others. He has experienced paralasys of the legs, but after being isolated and fed made a complete recovery. He's a spitfire. but I am worried that he may not bounce back from this. He's very friendly to me only. should I pop the skin or just leave it alone? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, whats in the bubble? Is it fluid or is it air? If it is air, don't pop it! My guess is that if it is air, it has a ruptured air sac and all you can do is wait for it to go away if it does. If you pop the air bubble... the chick's lungs may not be able to work anymore. Other than that I am not sure. Best of luck.
welcome-byc.gif

There's no liquid it's all air. The bubbling however is now spread to the neck and even around his eyes. He appears slightly weak or stumbly, but still very active. He sleeps now. I will wait to see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for response. I will keep this updated.

Back
Top Bottom