Anyone heard of Rabbit hunting with ferrets?

Yes it is legal in some States, ......my father did ........he said you sent the ferret down the rabbit hole, then used a sack to catch the rabbit when it ran out. He also said use 2 ferrets down after ground hogs

Also here in Ohio you can use raptors to hunt rabbits........with proper permit

Last edited:
You can't even own ferrets in CA... Too bad... I think they are cute. Smell AWFUL
sickbyc.gif
, but cute!

There are no rabbits in the USA that burrow so it might be hard to find "rabbit holes" to send ferrets down. European rabbits--i.e. Watership Down--dig burrows but they aren't present in the US. I've heard of them used for rats but the problem would be the ferret would kill the rat and then take a nap so had to be dug up.

Yeah... I thought about that, but the ferret couldn't be used through briar thickets and such, could it? I was hoping that it could. Lol.
roll.png

Quote:
All rabbits burrow. Even domesticated rabbits will burrow if you let them on the ground long enough. It's their nature.

Yep! I give mine enough hay I can't find them....

Quote:
All rabbits burrow. Even domesticated rabbits will burrow if you let them on the ground long enough. It's their nature.

Yep! I give mine enough hay I can't find them....

Lol. But that isn't always the case the with US rabbits... They tend to burrow through thickets and ground.... Not always the ground like European rabbits who create networks connected to many networks of tunnels. Lol. Like a mole...
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom