anyone heard of this? please read!!

I don't know how your dog is contained, or the others in the area that went missing, but perhaps an angry neighbor does not like loose dogs on his/her property and coaxed them into his captivity and got rid of them somewhere?
Even if your dog only gets out on occasion, then the neighbor down the street lets their dog loose, and then another guy's dog gets loose on occasion, it just may have been too much for the neighbor to handle and he/she took matters into their own hands, as is often advised on this forum.
Hope you do find your dog.

So a few people have mentioned this already but dog fighting is a deffinite possibilty for your area of NC. I have some family up there and they have had 3 dogs taken from them right off their front porch when they were not out side with the dogs. These were 3 different dogs and at 3 different times. Including 1 kitten. They have since seen all 3 dogs about 10 miles away chained up outside and different houses and all were torn up and scared from dog fighting. Its sad but that is not the first time i have heard that from NC. My family is about 2 hours away from Charlotte. I hope you can find your missing dog.

Hi,
I saw your post on CL the other day so I'm glad that I read this. You may want to do a search for a lady in the Charlotte pet section that was notorious for picking up dogs that weren't hers, among other animals, and re-selling them. Charlotte Animal Control may have some info on her, I know that she worked the area from upstate SC to basically the entire western half of NC and they were trying to arrest her and shut her down. She has several aliases that she goes by, I just can't remember them.
hmm.png

I'll help keep a close eye out on CL for you too. I am so sorry that your best friend is missing!
sad.png

I truly do not think your dog was taken to be a "lab rat". There are companies that breed the animals that are used for testing. The companies that use animals for testing have strict requirements and guidelines that need to be followed. It is more likely to take a dog because they think it is homeless, someone just plain wants the dog. The worse reason, dog fighting. I had two dogs stolen, my neighbor in fact did it. She re-homed my dogs because she did not think a chow and a german shepherd/lab mix could not stay out in the snow. They had two dog houses, I kept them in at night or if it was below 20 degrees. Also, she was a nut-case, just plain crazy! But you live and learn. My next dog, she only got to go out if I was out, otherwise in my house or garage (which both had heat/AC if needed).
Good luck on finding your dog, I know how heartbreaking it is to lose your beloved dog!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom