Anyone heating with propane or natural gas? Yikes!

As metioned before, we invested in a wood burning stove (inserted into our exsisting fireplace) and it has already paid for itself. We had our 1000 gallon tank topped off in the 2nd week of December for $1,316.00 for 575 gallons and still have 40% left. Just time and labor in our firewood. We live on 80 acres so we are supplied for life. I'm happy!!

We also heat with 2 woodstoves. One has a water tank on it that circulates the water when it is hot and heats basically the whole house. Our other one is competely passive in our living room. I highly recommend passive heating. When electric goes out for days at a time your pipes can freeze and then you're in big trouble. We have burned wood for 24 years, never had a chimney fire. You just need to be vigilant about cleaning and careful how you use the wood stove. I couldn't even tell you how much money was saved in all those years. If you cut and split the wood yourself you don't need to be on an excercise program! We are heating about 2000 square foot farm house with the 2 wood stoves and it's very comfy.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom