Anyone here do metal detecting?

I hunted a little but mostly when I was younger. Couldn’t tell you what I use but it’s nothing high end or anything. The coolest thing I ever found was a horse shoe next to my dads car shop. It was hard to get out so I had to have him help me pull it up and it became a two person job. After that I immediately went into the shop to bead blast it and still have it to this day. What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever found?

Well there is a Metal Detecting Thread!. Awesome.

I've been doing it for around 30 years off and on. Recently, the chickens brought me into it and back into it. Long story short, they tore the hell out of a patch of yard, I found a piece of wire sticking out, yanked it and decided to swing the detector to make sure nothing else was buried down there as I am in a fight with the builder over buried garbage etc. Low deep whang, dug about 9 inches and found a wheat penny. Never would have considered it if the birds had not tore up that spot and unearthed the piece of wire, and now want to do the entire yard to see what else I might find. Talking around, this entire place used to be dairy farm I am told, and looking thru old pictures, the farm or house or a building may have been in this area, which would account for why the heck a penny would be in the middle of what should have been absolutely... nowhere.

I have a Whites XLT which I use primarily and a few others that I use occasionally, one is a gold bug, the other I use for when doing the salt water thing and the whites wants to start getting over tempermental and not want to tune out right.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom