Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kadu, Jan 26, 2015.

1. cedarcovefarm

cedarcovefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2015
    I got my notification email yesterday that my chicks are on the way and should be here Friday!! So excited!
    Praying everyone gets chicks that are healthy and chirpy!

2. perilloux5

perilloux5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2015
    Ponchatoula, LA
    [​IMG]

3. HoneyNestAcres

HoneyNestAcres Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2015
    Albany, Ohio
    I swear I thought my chicks would be here today. It does say 1-2 days for shipment, but they're coming from a hatchery in Ohio a couple hours away from my house. I called the post office this morning and nothing yet.
    I'm so sad!!!! I hope they're ok! They said they get another truck in the afternoon so I'm keeping my fingers crossed still.

4. kar0427

kar0427 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2013
    Nicholasville, Ky
    Does anybody know if McMurray ever ships chicks earlier if they become available? I placed my order 2 days ago with the first available shipping date (April 15) for all ordered, and today their website shows that everybody I ordered is now available March 23. I know it's "just" two weeks, but anybody posting on this thread knows that two weeks = 14 days = eternity.

5. nj2wv

nj2wv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2015
    Lost Creek ,WV
    You can call and ask them to. I have done it with Meyer hatchery.

1 person likes this.
  6. kar0427

Nov 16, 2013
    Nicholasville, Ky
    HoneyNest - USPS tends to zigzag all over in their routes. I've had deliveries that were 3 hours away take 3 days due to traveling 12 hours past me and then back to my location after passing it. I think they and the airlines get together and plot how far to take you out of the direct path before circling back lol.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  7. LeanneP

LeanneP Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2014
    Kenansville, NC
    Yes. Call them. They may even be able to ship sooner than the 23rd, but you can definitely change your date to then and tell them to ship asap (*this is provided you have at least 25 in your order, they won't ship orders of less than 25 prior to April).

8. kar0427

Nov 16, 2013
    Nicholasville, Ky
    Ahhh, thanks, I forgot that shipping restriction. I only have 16 coming so that's out. And NO, I don't need 9 more [​IMG]

9. chasiekitten12

chasiekitten12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2014
    Maybe you can find a friend or family near you who wants 9 and split them with you?

10. HoneyNestAcres

HoneyNestAcres Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2015
    Albany, Ohio

Well that's good to know. I was getting worried. Seems so silly for it to take that long. I would have just gone to get them myself if I didn't have a 3 month old. She's not quite that great at long car rides yet and man I can't blame her.

I know they must do this on purpose! Just to get all of us waiting for chicks even more anxious. Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by