Anyone in Ireland?

Not to be smart but have you tried done deal? Many farmers and breeders sell there, in tipp you can also sometimes buy pullets at the mart, if you would have reason to be their?

Hiya I just joined the site and got my first two amber star hens today from a poultry fair at the two mile inn on the N25 just outside of midelton. They're there the first and third Sunday of the month, and we got ours for 15€ ea. it's a new venture for us but they seem happy so far!!

Had mine a week now from a gentleman in Charleville and they have started eating out of my hand :D

Not impressed with the rain today at all hahah

Eating out of your hand is the first step, next thing you know they are in the kitchen and perched on the chairs and like mine get carried to bed of an evening! Ha ha. Good luck

Hi there, does anyone know the laws as far as importing hatching eggs into Ireland? I live in the US but will be spending summers over here in Cavan and I am thinking of bringing over some hatching eggs.

Hi there, does anyone know the laws as far as importing hatching eggs into Ireland?  I live in the US but will be spending summers over here in Cavan and I am thinking of bringing over some hatching eggs.

Taken from the dept of agriculture website

IMPORT OF POULTRY AND HATCHING EGGS
Imports of poultry and hatching eggs from EU Member States are permitted under EU trade rules. An import licence issued by the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food must accompany the poultry/ eggs along with an appropriate health certificate which complies with one of the model health certificates in Council Directive 2009/158/EEC and which is endorsed by an Official Veterinarian, duly authorised by the Competent Authority in the Member State of export.
Imports of poultry and hatching eggs from non-EU Member States is only permitted from those regions/countries listed in Commission Regulation 798/2008 as amended by Commission Regulation 215/2010. The poultry/eggs must be accompanied by an import licence issued by the Department and the appropriate health certificate, which complies with one of the model health certificates in Commission Regulation 215/2010. Upon first entry to the EU the poultry/eggs must be checked at an EU Border Inspection Post approved for the inspection of live animals (See BIPS below). A number of post-import conditions will apply.

Just wondering why you would want to bring hatching eggs from us to Ireland? It is a very complicated process, and we have most breeds here already.

Thanks for the info! If it is too complicated I probably wouldn't bother, just thought it might be nice to bring over some eggs from chickens I am already familiar with. Maybe it is just time to familiarize myself with the Cavan chickens though. :)

I went to the Castleblaney Agricultural Show in Monaghan last weekend & saw quite a few chickens that would be pretty unusual back home. My Father-in-law saw my pictures though & he was like "Oh, yeah, that's a Minorca, my grandmother had those," etc. Pretty interesting!

Does anyone know about the superhatch incubators for sale at farm fowl? I am thinking of getting one because they r relatively cheap and they have automatic egg turning and temp/humidity control. Because they are so cheap though I was wondering are they bad quality. I put it in this thread because im sure a few of yas know farm fowl. Thanks

btw honora in relation to cavan chickens we have a lot of silkies, minorcas, light sussex, RIR, red/black hybrids, dutch bantams and lots of others.

Back
Top Bottom