Anyone in WV???

tractor supply will have their chick days soon so you can always pick up some there to start off. Same way with southern states.

Yea me and my wife went to tsc and southern states but you have to get a minimum of 6 chicks and I'm looking to get 2-3 the most lol and my wife wants a duck. And trying to get a coop to so just using all the search engines I can I appreciate the help though

Yea me and my wife went to tsc and southern states but you have to get a minimum of 6 chicks and I'm looking to get 2-3 the most lol and my wife wants a duck. And trying to get a coop to so just using all the search engines I can I appreciate the help though
I see been there and done that. Like I said craigslist is a good place to start. people will have chicks right around easter...ducks too. Flea markets and swaps also. Our tractor supplies have monthly swaps for 4 H.
1f60a.png
. I will be hatching for easter as well as a bunch of people on here. Good luck! Let us know what you find.

TSC chick days start the last week of February. Even though you only want a few chicks getting 6 would be to your benefit. A chick or two may not make it or you could end up with more males than you want. Better chance at 3 females if you get the 6;-) Duck minimums at TSC are 2. Hard to tell males from females of some duck breeds so good luck.

TSC chick days start the last week of February. Even though you only want a few chicks getting 6 would be to your benefit. A chick or two may not make it or you could end up with more males than you want. Better chance at 3 females if you get the 6;-) Duck minimums at TSC are 2. Hard to tell males from females of some duck breeds so good luck.
I agree 6 is a good starting #. They may let you get 4 chicks and 2 ducks too for the minimum.

I went to TSC and bought 4. Told the manager I'd pay for 6 if I had to but I was only taking 4 home. I figure at $3 a chick its still cheaper to buy 6 than to have them shipped to you from a hatchery. In the end the manager was nice enough to just let me buy 4. There are two other feed stores I called locally and found chicks, but the one didn't have a kind I wanted, and the other gets their shipment in April.

I went to TSC and bought 4.  Told the manager I'd pay for 6 if I had to but I was only taking 4 home.  I figure at $3 a chick its still cheaper to buy 6 than to have them shipped to you from a hatchery.  In the end the manager was nice enough to just let me buy 4.  There are two other feed stores I called locally and found chicks, but the one didn't have a kind I wanted, and the other gets their shipment in April.
Cool! What kind did ya get?

The unfortunate thing about TSC is they just label their sexed chicks as Pullets and not according to breed. I figure they will be alittle easier to identify in a week or so, so I'll wait to ask the forums to identify them until their feathers come in alittle more.

Back
Top Bottom