1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone in WV???

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by wvtoliver, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    We just had the most bizarre 2 min snowstorm. These huge... chunks of snow fell.. like thousands of snowflakes in each chunk. It wa beautiful and wierd all at the same time. Gray and gloomy now. [​IMG]

2. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    [​IMG] from Hedgesville.
    We just had the same type of snow fall here. I for one am done with the snow. Till next year. [​IMG]

3. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Yes, and, it is supposed to come back even more so before the weekend. At least this is what my husband tells me. He was supposed to do something with the students at Fairmont State, and it was canceled in advance due to the weather forecast.

Gosh.

Catherine

4. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know everyone is tired of snow (BLAH!!!) but get ready for round....um....let's see...would this be round 7 or round 20?? [​IMG] Wonder if the kids will get to go to school all this week?

5. berkeleysprings

berkeleysprings Chillin' With My Peeps

berkeley springs checking in again we are on the other side of cacapon park and have lots of snow on the mountian we ran out of split wood and the heat pump has been kicking on ........ i downed a tree the other day and its all split so the wood stoves are roleing ..... one last thing , i have some wheaten marans roosters for free anyone wants some lol lol lol i have 2 many

6. KenLamWV

KenLamWV Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Bridgeport, WV
    Hello to all in WV. I am new to having backyard chickens. This will be actually the first time for me to raise birds of any kind. I am kind of facinated by it which is good because I have definately been doing my homework. Reading hours of posts on this website, reading about a dozen books, buying a subscription to Backyard Poultry Magazine and reading articles in my Mother Earth News, Hobby Farm and Grit. I haven't got my chicks yet but planning on getting them from Southern States here in a few weeks. I plan on starting with a dozen females and decide later on more. Once I get settled I may start buying from a hatchery but for right now, I'll try my chances there. The coop design is finalized (not built yet) and I'm just waiting for this snow to finally stop and melt completely before construction. Yeah its early for the coop, but I have been buying my supplies for my brooder and making sure everything is ready for that one day in March. I hope I haven't taken on more than I can chew but you just don't know unless you try. Well wish me luck and I look forward to responding to posts later on.

7. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Good luck with your coop and fuzzybutts!!! I'm with ya on the snow. I can't get my coop built either because of it. Blizzard warning in effect now. UGH! [​IMG] Glad you joined and believe me you will have fun on this site. Be sure to post some pics of your ladies when you get them. Again [​IMG]

8. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    [​IMG] Good Luck! Sounds like you will do Fine! [​IMG] If you ever need answers this is the place to get them. Everyone is really nice and willing to help in anyway. TRS will be getting chick here around March 28th. Not that I should or am getting any. [​IMG] Have to wait till April BYC sell at TRS also for the snow to melt.

9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    BLIZZARD!!! [​IMG]

10. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    I can't believe this stupid snow. Luckily the incubator isn't running, which is was during the last power outage.

I just PRAY that the power doesn't go out now, though, because I have a box of babies here and I will have trouble keeping them warm should we have no power.

WELCOME Ken!

You are somewhat near me: I am in Fairview, which is sort of between Fairmont and Morgantown. My husband teaches at Fairmont State.

He also delivers eggs for me, but that is his paying job.

Three chicks escaped from their box this morning (the box is in my computer room) and went around and around the box sadly cheeping loudly--What happened to all our friends? What?

And pooping madly.

Catherine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by