Anyone in WV???

Sadly, yes. I really thought that would be the answer. But no joy.

I saw a post on a FB group today and thought of you. I will send you a private message with a screenshot and the group name. I think they were actually down your way too, I’ll just have to find it again :D

You know I never thought to look for a state specific forum before... LOL. Greetings! I'm currently living in Elkins and have no chickens however I managed to convert my Mother and now am getting my chicken fix through her.

While I'm here does anyone know of any local suppliers of SLW hatching eggs? Sadly the chicks she ordered did not survive and she really wanted that breed.

I am in Coal City, just outside of Beckley in Southern West Virginia. I have about 60 chickens of various ages, a dozen ducks, and 40 ducklings... I do have a question- is there nowhere in state that sells grown ducks? I’m finding it all but impossible to find any grown pairs or Laying females, and even drakes are not that common. An I looking in the wrong places???
There is a guy at the Milton (just east of Huntington) Flea Market that sells all types of chickens, ducks, pigs, horses. I can get his card next time I am there.

Haven't been on here in a very long time but was wondering if there are any other WV folks here. I live between Huntington and Charleston WV. Close to the KY< OH area.

Looking for other chicken folks to chat with. I am now down to 5 chickens. Thanks to various varmits on our farm--- that we know of- 3 bobcats which were eliminated last summer. (one was in the chicken house when found) scared the husband pretty bad. lots of raccoons, possums, and 1 coyote (that was also eliminated) came out about 20 yards from the front door. Boy they are scary looking animals. I had an original flock of 42 and had kept adding on. Even building another coop and run just for silkies. (had about 26 silkies that disappeared due to predators, they only left a few feathers. Still not sure how or what got them.

Now since we are down to 5 my husband has asked that I not get anymore until I finish Nursing school in 2008. So I guess the spring of 2009 I will add to my 5 little hens.

Look forward to getting to chat with the folks on this board. I have learned alot on here. And read some great info and stories.

I even got eggs last years from KY silkies that hatched out some of the most beautiful birds. I think I got 18 chicks out of 22 eggs.
That was thanks to this board.

Tracy in WV
Fellow WV gal!

hi! I am in Fairmont but lived in the Nitro/Cross Lanes area for several years

I grew up in Fairmont, but live outside of Parkersburg now next to the OH River.

I have a thread in the BREED section asking about chickens that are a good fit for my needs and location if anyone minds popping in over there please.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom