Anyone in WV???

Pics
Hey to all you fellow WV's today!!!
frow.gif
Here in Summers county there is light snow and rain mix and COLD! Where is Spring????
barnie.gif

My old broody is down to four eggs and they stink to high heaven!
sickbyc.gif
rant.gif
I don't know what went wrong but I might have loaded her up with eggs mostly from one of our chickens who maybe doesn't get bred? All the eggs we eat here are fertile looking, so I'm not sure why she has eliminated so many or why so many didn't develop.

She should be hatching by tomorrow or the next day. After that I may just toss the eggs and put her back in the coop with the others.
sad.png

We'll my chicks are doing excellent!
smile.png
I bought a bag of all purpose sand, put some in a clear shoebox container and they went nuts for it. I also found a few small earthworms and just like I read on here, they played keepaway and tore those worms up.
lol.png
I think they appreciate me as I am a first time chicken owner. My coop is coming along well and all I have left is some trim work, install vinyl flooring for easy cleanup and install some roosts for them. After that, it will be starting the attached run. Still getting ideas for it though.

I am in shock at the mine explosion. Are any of you near there? I keep thinking that I should drive down with food or something, but I'll bet you can't get anywhere near.

Catherine (IggiMom)

Back
Top Bottom