Anyone in WV???

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by wvtoliver, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Quote:Call the WV Dept. of Agriculture or your county extension agent, they will refer you to who will do your testing. I deal with the WVDA Moorefield office/ Dr. Jewel Plumley is the director/vet.

Me too. High Tuffy. You packed and ready to go? Are you bringing me a rooster or cute little cochins?

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:Call the WV Dept. of Agriculture or your county extension agent, they will refer you to who will do your testing. I deal with the WVDA Moorefield office/ Dr. Jewel Plumley is the director/vet.

Me too. High Tuffy. You packed and ready to go? Are you bringing me a rooster or cute little cochins?

Well, I'm semi-packed let's put it that way!!! If I bring my truck I can bring you the orp roo, if one of the other GFs drive it's a SUV thing and I do not think they would be happy campers cooped up inside with a roo for 4 hours [​IMG] [​IMG] I have some extra little cochin boys in red/brown, splash and lemon blue (not sure who yet I'm keeping) if your interested.

3. Chicken Junkies

Chicken Junkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

4. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Quote:Ok, let me know. and Nah...not interested in just boys. Really I was kidding anyway. I think the next thing I'll add may be ameraucanas [​IMG] Trying not to buy anything until I go to Crossroads and let loose!

5. MomMommyMamma

MomMommyMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have a pure pair of Light Sussex who just reached maturity, a partridge silkie roo, and a pair of hatchery stock blue booted bantams that I will am selling. We will be at the Farming Palooza in Milton tomorrow morning. Pictures of the birds are here and info for the Palooza is on its Facebook page here . If you are interested in the pair prior to the swap, please message me. Asking $30 for the pair.

6. MomMommyMamma

MomMommyMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    Does anyone have a contact name & number for a vet who sees chickens in the Charleston area?

7. roncrna

roncrna Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    West Virginia
    Quote:I believe it is Dr Jackson in the Elkview area. The number I have is 304-965-7675

8. sab

sab Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    Ripley, WV
    My Coop
    Dr Sarah Stephenson of Good Shepherd Vet Hospital in Kanawha City is very good with exotic birds. I'm sure she would see a chicken. Her phone no is (304) 925-7387

9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Inside WV only. I have some Lavender Orpington project cockerels 5 months old and 3 bantam cochin cockerels out of a lemon blue hatch, they are red/browns and a splash. If intersted PM me for details.

10. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    glad i found the wv thread

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by