Anyone in WV???

Pics
Where is forest hill--i got six red pullets from tsc and they are the best...very healthy
It's in Summers County. We are about 45 minutes southeast of Beckley. I got my chicks at TSC in Bluefield. They are all supposed to be pullets but we have a sneaking suspicion that one of my BO's is a rooster.
fl.gif
I'm really hoping it is. I just lost the one chick the day after I bought them. The others are doing great! They are loving their pen. My parents walk over from their house every evening to sit and watch one of the reds start her "bedtime" song and go up the ramp into the coop. I seem to remember my dad saying "Don't expect me to go up there and take care of them things!" (side note: at the time I was working a rotating shift every week..now on strictly 11 to 7) I finish the coop and pen and who decides to come up and give them treats, feed them, and sit and watch them for hours??? Yep...Dad.
lau.gif

If you got the 'red pullets' at tsc they are all girls, mine are starting to look like ostriches! You are a few hours south of me. It sounds like dad is just a big softy on the inside! Hey,as long as you're working, what can you do? :)

yep, I think all my reds are girls. I have Pretty Girl (she has pretty black spots on her neck), Thief (self explanatory!!), and Jumper (again..self explanatory!! lol). The buffs are Nosy (the one we think is a rooster), and Shy Girl. I named Pretty Girl, Nosy, and Shy Girl. My daughter named the other two.
hu.gif
Yeah, Dad is a softy on the inside. He even brings veggie scraps over to give them. I walked out yesterday expecting to see both mom and dad out there, and Dad was the only one. I had to start laughing. Mom made it eventually but Dad took the best seat!
lau.gif

Sounds like he'll have them spoiled silly before too long! I like to watch them jump in the air to get the ends of the tall grass seeds. One will start, then another seems to think it's a good idea, pretty soon they all are jumping. It does make for a pretty good show. They are the biggest chow hounds, and will come running whenever I go outside, but maybe they just think I'm fun to watch too!

Sounds like he'll have them spoiled silly before too long! I like to watch them jump in the air to get the ends of the tall grass seeds. One will start, then another seems to think it's a good idea, pretty soon they all are jumping. It does make for a pretty good show. They are the biggest chow hounds, and will come running whenever I go outside, but maybe they just think I'm fun to watch too!

Oh yeah! I have laughed myself silly at their antics with the grass seed. I let the grass grow pretty high around the edges of the pen and they love to jump up and get it. What's really funny is when I go out and sit in the chair near their pen, they all line up and stare at me for 5 minutes. Then they walk away clucking to each other. It's like they are saying "There is that idiot sitting there watching us again!"
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom